cruzmisl

As promised....cooking pics

I put a about an inch of hot water in the pan just to keep the inside of the modo moist but after a while it evaporated. At this point it's all grease. I had the butcher cut me an extra fat cap and I placed that on the brisket to keep it from drying out. It worked because it was amazing.

The ribs were equally stellar.

As far as my Italian loaf is concerned it's an old family recipe passed down 4 generations. If I gave it out my relatives would have me whacked :)

Brisket temp and duration

Cruz,

Can you give us all the details on the brisket and ribs? They look amazing.

Everybody,

Is there an official accessory to raise the main grill closer to a level surface of the cooker opening? There isn't much room between the lower and main grill and I'm sure Dennis and co. could make a collar for the main to rest on...perhaps they already have

Re: Brisket temp and duration

Cruz,

Everybody,

Is there an official accessory to raise the main grill closer to a level surface of the cooker opening? There isn't much room between the lower and main grill and I'm sure Dennis and co. could make a collar for the main to rest on...perhaps they already have

I think Dennis did or does make a raiser to place under the main grill to bring it level with the lip (there is a pic on one somewhere on the forum or his website of one). The thing about that is if you raise the main grill to level with the lip, you would probably not be able to use his new upper grill as that would place it too far up in the dome.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Brisket temp and duration

Cruz,

I removed the membrane from the side ribs and seasoned them the night before. They were on for about 7hrs@250 and man were they perfect.

The brisket was 7lbs and took a bit longer. I left that on for 9hrs@250 and removed it at 185.

Hope this helps. I'm doing a pork shoulder on Wednesday for the guys at work so more pics to follow :)