ckreef

Introducing Komodo Kamado Super Jr.

May I be the first to say WOW!!!! What a SUPER JR it is. At 175lbs that is a beast (sorry CC).

The color on the tiles is striking.

The bars on the grids could double as jail cell doors...look how thick they are.

The overall quality on the stainless is is amazing on the hinge and the vent doors and handle.

The overall fit and finish is to die for.

To the Komodo Kamado craftsman another job superbly done.

May I be the first to say WOW!!!! What a SUPER JR it is. At 175lbs that is a beast (sorry CC).

The color on the tiles is striking.

The bars on the grids could double as jail cell doors...look how thick they are.

The overall quality on the stainless is is amazing on the hinge and the vent doors and handle.

The overall fit and finish is to die for.

To the Komodo Kamado craftsman another job superbly done.

It's the Beast's mini me - LOL

• Like 1

Congrats on the new addition.  Just curious, do you live in the woods, or is that a camp site / cabin?  Looks like nice surroundings and a perfect place for KKing.  I grew up in Kentucky.  When I was a kid, I lived with my Mom in Northern Kentucky during the school year (5 mins from downtown Cincinnati, OH).  I lived with my Dad in the summers on a 100+ acre farm.  I now live in a concrete jungle, Singapore.  I miss the farm.  My Dad is still there and I visit once a year, but your pics just took me home for a minute.  Thanks.

Congrats on the new addition. Just curious, do you live in the woods, or is that a camp site / cabin? Looks like nice surroundings and a perfect place for KKing. I grew up in Kentucky. When I was a kid, I lived with my Mom in Northern Kentucky during the school year (5 mins from downtown Cincinnati, OH). I lived with my Dad in the summers on a 100+ acre farm. I now live in a concrete jungle, Singapore. I miss the farm. My Dad is still there and I visit once a year, but your pics just took me home for a minute. Thanks.

Good story Cookie - TY for sharing.

I live out in the country. Gravel driveway and all. Walk out of my side door. Cross over the driveway, walk over a small motorcycle driveway (about 40'-50' in total) and you end up at Reef's Backyard Bistro - LOL

Future improvements are planned.

• Like 1

TY everyone for all the kind words. Here are a few more pictures to wet your whistle.

24813770312380a801c9e9dcadb92ba5.jpg

Ash from initial burn in with 5" sweepie broom.

Note on the super Jr there is no separate firebox. It's just thicker down at the bottom.

003fe0b3524bcc47e88b160425a85d33.jpg

696f3766ac8743f988f26a8df151cc4f.jpg

ad26dc4dc37f1eefafc427b5636edd0b.jpg

4a4bb5787b84e528506da4c8326c0f3b.jpg

cc98586d79add940f58c1b895fa677bc.jpg

Here is the thickness of the Super Jr.

Very bottom 2 1/2"

Wall at the:

Bottom 2 1/4"

Middle 2 1/8"

Top 2"

Dome 2"

Messured as best I could.

ckreef, I don't know how much longer I can stand looking at those beautiful gorgeous pixs, stunning :smt077:):wink::smt023:smt023

I know your and tiny's wait must be killing you two.

All good things come to those who wait and the reward will be that much sweater. Just keep telling yourself that anyways.

Can't wait to see your pictures when it arrives. I was a little skeptical about my color until it arrived. I now think it is better than the color I was going to order.

ckreef - don't you just love the care package that comes with your KK? I always marvel at how complete it is and everything in is so well thought out. That little care package covers just about every eventuality, even the top vent gasket. I can't imagine burning that thing so badly I'd need to replace it.

Thanks for the measurements on Super Jr. It might be relatively small, but it IS a KK and that over-engineering does add quite a bit of heft to Super.

ckreef, if you enjoy Super half as much as I do Beauty! & TheBeast, you'll be wearing a smile on your face all day long. Here's to you looking like a smiling fool like me!