MacKenzie

Sous Vide Steak Dinner with Dessert

I didn't bother to take the time to sear the steak because I had dessert on my mind;)

BiO33kx.jpg

I make maybe 1 pie per year so I'm not very good at getting it picture perfect but the taste is spot on. As you can see I don't know how to weave:) This a rhubarb pie and the rhubarb is just fresh from the garden.

FqFPq5W.jpg

Baked or perhaps a little over baked.

r2QUtil.jpg

A mangled slice of pie:)

o8dfYqY.jpg

ckreef, yes a blueberry pie would be great and with some homemade vanilla ice cream:) BTW our blueberries are at least 2 months away.

I've been picking off my 2 bushes for about 2 weeks. I only have another week or so of picking left.

Blueberries are the one fruit deers won't touch.

I tried peach trees. Forget it. The deers came one night and ate all the little peaches and left the pits on the ground. The next day they came and stripped every leaf off them. Pissed me off so the third day the riding lawn mower ate what was left.

• Like 1

It's not so much the damage that they can do (replaced several feeders over the years that the raccoon have destroyed), it's more a worry about my dogs. There's a dog door that leads out onto the deck so they can let themselves out. They have cornered both raccoon and possums on the deck (usually in the middle of the night!). So, I really don't want a middle of the night visit to the vet emergency room to get one of my dogs patched up from tangling with a critter!

• Like 1

ckreef - I have a very nice Weatherby Vangaurd Series 2, a .308 caliber, that would solve all your deer problems in a hurry! Guaranteed!

Not sure that would solve the deer problem. Where I live the deer population is severely over popuulated. They have raised the hunting limit to 12 per season and that's still not enough to curtail the population.

You would have to sit out every night year round.

I live in town, but my neighborhood has a lot of wooded ravines where the deer can hang out. We call them "urban deer." We actually have a special permit bow hunting season, in town, every year, to try and keep the population down. It's helped. But, they still come around and eat a lot of plants in your yard. I gave up on roses many years ago and they think my neighbors' hosta is the local "salad bar." I've actually sat on my deck having dinner while the deer eat the apples on the ground from my next door neighbors' tree, literally 20 feet away, with the dogs barking at them through the deck rails. They just ignore us!