MacKenzie

English Muffin Bake

Needed to finish off the Greek yogurt so -

First toast the English muffin

axcdSpk.jpg

I can't stop myself, this one has Tony written on it in sriracha sauce. My penmanship lacks definition. ;)

NrlKfhY.jpg

All put together. :)

0qoGqPq.jpg

After breakfast I got busy and baked another batch that I started on Mon.

Used the Baking Steel on Pebbles, IR said the steel was about 325F so it's ready to bake.

Baked one side for 5 mins. turned them over to do the other side.

8adpQVk.jpg

wW2c1XJ.jpg

Baked 7 minutes more in a 350F oven.

NF3kSVY.jpg

Which one should I eat?

322lsSJ.jpg

This one?

dx2tIXj.jpg

Yes, ck, I did think about that but I have the KK running hotter than 350F getting the steel up to temp. and then I had the top open for quite some time. I suspect it could be done but it simpler to have the oven running and use that. Also I think I'd have to take the steel out or the bottom might get too brown. All in all I wanted to get them in the oven ASAP to continue the bake without cooling too much.

Rak, the baking stone is great for doing pizza or bread baking. :):thumbup:  :thumbup: It keeps the bottom from burning long enough so the top can get cooked. In the case of English muffins I wanted to cook and brown the bottom and the top, and then cook the whole muffin. That was the main reason to use the Baking Steel and it worked just great. Two other side benefits are the steel heats up faster and it is larger so I can get the whole batch of muffins on at once. I'm going to bake my bread on the KK baking stone. :)

BTW, I think Dennis is working on a steel grate for the KK.:)

Decided I do sous vide scrambled eggs for breakfast on a KK English muffin with some KK cooked Canadian Bacon and KK breakfast bacon. Who would have thought looking at this breakfast that so much of it was cooked on my KK.

Mix  egg with a little heavy cream, pepper, Parmesan cheese and a little butter. SV @ 167F for 10 mins. remove from bath and break up the egg, Put back in the bath for 5-8 mins, remove and break up the egg.

It was the creamiest scrambled egg I've ever eaten.

lEZSCDM.jpg

Thanks, Tony, and the good news is it is just as easy to them for one person or for more. Tip, if you are using a chamber vacuum sealer make sure everything is as cold as possible to prevent the boiling effect of vacuum sealing. I have read that when doing Crème brûlée there is a difference in the texture if you vacuum seal or use the zip lock bag method. I have no experience with this, yet. If this is true there maybe a difference with scrambled eggs. I did vacuum seal mine. Maybe I'll try the ziplock bag method tomorrow and see how it works.