wilburpan

Brisket, proving the “Timing a cook for a party� rule

I’m really looking forward to my next brisket cook. There are two things I want to try in the future, but I’m not sure what I want to try first: using a select brisket instead of the choice brisket that I used for this cook, or to try the wrapping thing.

Go for the butcher paper wrap, Wilbur! It's freaking amazing!!!

I may try a controller at some point, but for now I want to see how much I can do in manual mode. ^_^

I think that you'll really like having a Guru; I know that I do. I only use it for the really long lo & slo cooks. Still go manual for everything else. So, it's not exactly woosing out. 

What say you?

Which finishes cooking first the flat or the point? How much longer do you cook after seperation. Or is this not relevant?

Have only done a couple of full packer cuts in my time, but the flat usually finishes ahead of the point; hence, folks separating the two, cubing up the point, and back onto the smoker to do Burnt Ends, aka Meat Candy!!

Yes, after fat fingering me twice and me threating to contact Dennis and now with Tony's help I think you must be running scared. :evil2:  :smt077  :smt077

I'm running so scared that my fingers are trembling! And it's that tremble that you people have induced that makes me hit the wrong reputation vote. Thus I'm not to blame ... it's your folks fault!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol: