bosco

Just a quick apology

Maybe I'm not well versed, but I'll be honest, I don't see the negative aura regarding the purchase of KK's on the guru.

Seems to me each time a Guru member posts about obtaining a KK, there is general excitement. I will speak for myself and say that's how I feel.

What am I missing? I'm not standing up for others or the Guru as there are heated discussions (that I generally avoid), but maybe my view is shielded.

If you are suggesting the negativity relating to the finance topic, that's only people's opinion on financing cookers as well as other things. It has little to nothing to do with the actual KK.

Just my opinion.

RedStick don't get me wrong, it's still an awesome forum - best forum for general kamado cooking, a wealth of information with a lot of great chefs putting out some awesome cooks and generally accepting of all kamado brands but....

It's just not as friendly as it use to be. I've thought this for the past year or so. Really just has to do with how quickly it's grown.

Edited by ckreef

Yeah red stick. I am just referring to a mob like mentality. One I was an active participant in. Seems like if you are not part of the mainstream you get the brunt of it lol.

It's all good though still post there a ton but just wanted to say sorry to some guys here that I have had personal run ins with over there.

I understand ckreef. I've not been over at the Guru but for a little under a year, so I have no comparables. So you are saying I missed the glory years. Always a day late and a dollar short!

Ckreef, I went back and viewed your weekly pizza cook string last night. Good stuff!!!

Bosco, I do understand where you are coming from, but you are considered to be one of the finer members of that forum. The only thing that changed is the color of the kamados to the brand of the kamados.

I look forward to your future contributions on any forum that I frequent as I value your cooks, opinions and personal chat sessions talking about this fine KK product.

Reflecting as I am a newbie to this forum, there is a certain brotherhood/sisterhood established here.

All the best to each of you.

Yeah red stick. I am just referring to a mob like mentality. One I was an active participant in. Seems like if you are not part of the mainstream you get the brunt of it lol.

It's all good though still post there a ton but just wanted to say sorry to some guys here that I have had personal run ins with over there.

Bosco I know me and you butted heads a few times and I know I instigated it a couple of those times. I've also read probably every post of yours where you had a personal run in with members of the Guru.

For me the next day it was all over, I don't hold any grudges. I doubt anyone on this forum feels you need to apologize for anything. Your passionate about what you do and sometimes the passion takes over in all of us.

I understand ckreef. I've not been over at the Guru but for a little under a year, so I have no comparables. So you are saying I missed the glory years. Always a day late and a dollar short!

Ckreef, I went back and viewed your weekly pizza cook string last night. Good stuff!!!

You might have missed the family atmosphere/glory years of the Guru but you're here now on the KK forum for some glory years.

As for that pizza thread - wow that's sort of an honor you went back to check that out. You either have a really fast Internet connection or you were sitting there for a while - LOL

I miss that pizza thread from time to time. It was fun. A few bad meals but mostly really decent pizzas.

Bosco, several KK users go back and forth with no issues. We all love our KKs and tend to gush on them at times. Unfortunately, that sometimes is interpreted as the grilling equivalent of telling a group of loyal Chevy owners why you love your Porsche.

A KK is an aspirational purchase and it isn't for everyone for a variety of different reasons, which is fine. Sadly, KK'ers and their enthusiasm for their grills is misinterpreted at times as rubbing others' noses in it. When I saw your post on the guru site announcing that you bought, not one, but two KKs I thought, "Oh boy. The long knives will be coming out." With your historic passion for your KJs and your prolific posting on the site, there are bound to be some that see you as some sort of traitor. Don't sweat it. It is what it is. You're definitely welcome here.

And by the way........l won't believe you bought two of them until they are placed at the Bosco palace. With no pictures, it didn't really happen.

Frogs - truer words have never been posted! Just do yourself a favor and don't post this at the other place ... you'll get flamed as being an elitist bastard! ;)

• Like 1

Over on KG, I’ve been on the receiving end of a “That guy has more money than brains†attitude on occasion when talking about Smaug. That’s human nature, I guess, exacerbated by the fact that since I went straight for a KK grill as my first kamado grill, that was definitely an outlier in terms of how folks get into this realm of cooking.

KG has a bit of an issue in that the management there has a clear affiliation with KJ the company, and maybe that gives cover to folks piling on people who like other brands of grills. In addition, there have been instances where I’ve been convinced that the actions taken by management there were not in the best interests of the members.

It's every sub forum Robert. Whenever you go against the norm you get chatter.

Look at egghead forum. If you don't cook on bge people ignore you're post no matter how good the cook is.

KG has become synonymous with KJ. So it has an element of being a KJ dominated site.

Shave against the grain you will always get razor burn.

KK is gaining attention. As that attention increases the stupidity comes out. Keep on posting boys it's all good!!

Wilburpan's post stirred the nest, no doubt about it.

I loved reading the information that Wilbur posted - and always do. Dennis follows it up with some great information for a prospective buyer to read.

I see the difference, but again, good information for me folks!

I can't wait until I reach "order date" status. It may very well kill me.

Wilbur, I have been watching the ongoing thread of KK beating over on KG. Admit it. You're on commission to sell KKs for Dennis. 😉

The most interesting slant that I saw on KG was the hard and fast rule enacted on not discussing customer service issues. From previous messages on the subject, KJ service seems to be good. Just struck me as disingenuous to the people who are trying to figure out what to buy.

You know it's funny. For the months leading up to my KK purchase, I read a ton of historical posts on this forum. I can't think of one instance where someone mentioned a component of their KK failing and needing to file a warranty claim.

For those on the fence out there or those with KKs on order (Yes Bosco. I'm talking to you.) this is just one phenomenally built grill. I am absolutely thrilled to have mine and look forward to getting my second later this month.

The most interesting slant that I saw on KG was the hard and fast rule enacted on not discussing customer service issues. From previous messages on the subject, KJ service seems to be good. Just struck me as disingenuous to the people who are trying to figure out what to buy.

The interesting thing about that rule is that it is barely enforced. There are one or two current threads discussing emails between the user and customer service. Those threads are not being locked down.

As for wilburpan's thread - I know my fuel efficiency comment did not help that thread along and for that I am sorry to have even posted that comment. There is a more detailed explanation why I felt the way I do about fuel efficiency in my case but I'm scared to post it on the Guru for fear the explanation would be read wrong and that thread would turn in yet another direction.

Wilbur, I have been watching the ongoing thread of KK beating over on KG. Admit it. You're on commission to sell KKs for Dennis.

You got me. The problem is, I wasn’t good at negotiating a good rate for my commission. As a result, I’ll hit my break-even point on Smaug when I sell 500,000 grills for Dennis. ^_^

(In case there are any humor-impaired folks out there, I paid full price for Smaug. No discounts.)

That was a red flag for me. If you want to know who the true customers of an operation are, look to see who benefits from their policies and who doesn’t. The “no customer service discussion rule†benefits grill companies, and hinders potential customers.