bosco

Just a quick apology

As for wilburpan's thread - I know my fuel efficiency comment did not help that thread along and for that I am sorry to have even posted that comment. There is a more detailed explanation why I felt the way I do about fuel efficiency in my case but I'm scared to post it on the Guru for fear the explanation would be read wrong and that thread would turn in yet another direction.

Don’t worry about that, ck. I posted the thread to talk about my experience with Smaug and what I thought made it different than if I had gotten a ceramic grill. The fuel efficiency is part of it.

The only thing I really don’t appreciate is using the phrase, “Bottom line is…â€, followed by a generalization that is supposed to be taken as fact just because someone said it was the bottom line, as a strategy for making one’s case.

The other awesome strategy is responding by posting a picture of a famous smart person with a quote. ^_^

"The “no customer service discussion rule†benefits grill companies, and hinders potential customers."

I can remember the ceramic grill company that invented that rule for their forum. You have that rule when customers start having a lot of issues and/or complaining that the service and parts to fix said issues is slow to non-exsistant. An honest company with confidence in their product and a company that fixes issues doesn't need that rule. Oh yeah, the company that started that rule starts with a P. 

One of my favorite things to see a company do is to replace a defective part with an identical part that's just as messed up. A part like....oh, I don't know...a hinge maybe. At least one company still makes you pay shipping for replacement parts.  Under warranty! 

As far as grills in general go...Steven Raichlen said in one of his books that some some of the best BBQ he's ever eaten was cooked in a hub cap overseas.  It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian! But it doesn't hurt to have the best arrow made either.

• Like 1

"The “no customer service discussion rule†benefits grill companies, and hinders potential customers."

I can remember the ceramic grill company that invented that rule for their forum. You have that rule when customers start having a lot of issues and/or complaining that the service and parts to fix said issues is slow to non-exsistant. An honest company with confidence in their product and a company that fixes issues doesn't need that rule. Oh yeah, the company that started that rule starts with a P.

Didn't know that there was a Poochie grill on the market?? (Sorry, couldn't resist, Poochie!)  :laughing6:

As a former owner of said POSK and long time member of their forum (when it was good - before RJ started "banning" anyone who even hinted that their was a problem with the grills or customer service), I have to say that I couldn't be more happy to be part of the KK Grilling Family! 

As a long-time member of KG, I too am really stumped on the "No Customer Service Talk" rule. He made a rule that Essentially stated the he didn't didn't want "negative" comments concerning CS experiences, now he is shutting down posts, at random, even with positive CS experiences. My gut feeling is his policy shift is coming from the KJ Co., more so than JS. The post in question was from a guy who was laying on praise about a KJ, and I am curious when he will start shutting down posts when people give shout outs to great KK service... Which I am wondering if that was perhaps the original intent of the rule...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a long-time member of KG, I too am really stumped on the "No Customer Service Talk" rule. He made a rule that Essentially stated the he didn't didn't want "negative" comments concerning CS experiences, now he is shutting down posts, at random, even with positive CS experiences. My gut feeling is his policy shift is coming from the KJ Co., more so than JS. The post in question was from a guy who was laying on praise about a KJ, and I am curious when he will start shutting down posts when people give shout outs to great KK service... Which I am wondering if that was perhaps the original intent of the rule...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rule originated when one member made the forum his personal soap box to completely bash KJ customer service. The guy kept going on and on even after Bobby got on the thread and tried to make things right. I actually think he started 2 threads with the same intent if I remember correctly.

I would much rather see bad apples delt with on an individual basis rather than punishing the entire group.

Funny though some threads that talk about customer service gets shut down while there are others that don't.

I remember a guy coming on complaining about kamado rockets??  he went on and on and the owner came on to resolve and it still continued.  I think that was really the straw that broke the camels back.

to be honest, the nice thing about the KK is that there is really no issues that I have ever read about.  

I too agree that this site is drama free and I love that!!!

• Like 1