bryan

My 2 most used books cookbooks.

I primarily use four cook books: Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child, The New Orleans Cookbook by Rima and Richard Collin, Simply Thai Cooking by Wandee Young and Byron Ayanoglu and Celebrating the Midwestern Table by Abby Mandel. These are my go to cookbooks and cover most any cooking style. My favorite is the New Orleans cookbook, I suspect only available as a paperback now (I have a hard cover edition and it is a treasure).

I buy one or two cook books every once in a great while. Cook just a couple of recipes from them and consider it almost a waste of money. (if I get one killer recipe per book I'm golden)

I usually take my inspiration from the Internet and wing it from there.

Edited by ckreef

It's like most other hobbies - collect them and gather dust. I have probably a dozen or so that I open at least once a year - most are go-to's for specific cuisines, like Thai, Italian, etc. Some, like Alton Brown's, are just a fun read. If I'm looking for a specific recipe, I'll dig through my books first, and if I don't find what I'm looking for (very rare), then I'll turn to the Internet.