skreef

Starting grill without ckreef,

Be careful what you wish for ckreef! Now that the Mrs knows how to use the KK, she might not need you around anymore!

The thought has crossed my mind - LOL

Sounds like it's her grill now. Don't worry ckreef, you can get yours when the bistro is finished!

That's right 19" table top here I come.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Earlier I had called my son and had him take some pork chops out of the freezer. Then an emergency at work came up and I knew I would get home late. At some point in the evening Mrs skreef called me and told me not to worry she would cook dinner.

I finally got home at around 8:40 pm. I inquired about dinner and Mrs skreef told me the chops were cooking and would be done shortly. I looked around, oven was off, nothing on the stove. I told her not to worry I would cook them. She said no they're cooking on the KK - whaaaat?

She's done the grill numerous times but always with me there guiding her along. Yup she had Stired the old lump, added some new, fired it up with the MAPP torch, added a drip pan, got it heat soaked just north of 400* and sure enough the chops were happily grilling away. Dang it girl!!

Dinner was served. Grilled pork chops with homemade Mac and cheese and corn. A pleasant surprise since I was really tired and not in the mood to cook dinner. Yummy.

Yes indeed - I know who's cooking dinner more often now. Thank you Mrs skreef, a fantastic job.

Thanks baby..glad you enjoyed it..

I think promethius will be mine soon when he gets another one

:-) :-) :-)

One thing nice about the KK's is their easy/auto opening dome and if adjusted properly won't slam down on you even if you let go. If I would have had a different ceramic she would have never touched it. Mrs skreef did say she was a bit worried about somehow ruining the KK. I assured her that there really wasn't anything she could break/ruin unless she just left the vents wide open and walked away. Even then I'm not positive she would permanently damage it. After hearing all the details it sounds like she did learn a good lesson: 0* to 200* takes a little while(0 as in ambient temp), 200* to 400* is pretty fast in comparison. Something new users should realize when bringing a KK up to temp. Just because it took 30 minutes to get to 200* doesn't mean it's going to take another 30 minutes to get to 400*