JimBob67

First Overnight Smoke with CyberQ

Burnt Ends = Meat Candy! Nothing better in the whole BBQ world. 

@JimBob67 - I'm a big fan of Aaron Franklin's brisket method. Similar to what Rak did. Simple rub - S&P, garlic powder, and some cayenne. Low & slow (250F) over some nice post oak, with a baby chunk of mesquite. Once you're through the stall, around 170F, then wrap in the pink (non waxed) butcher paper, finish until 203F. Awesome! 

• Like 1

Great looking burnt ends Rakesh. I never worry about the KK holding temp. As long as it's stable it'll be really close to the same temperature when you look again hours later.

I know controllers give people a peace of mind but the KK alone gives me peace of mind - especially after coming from an Akorn.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

When I talk to other BBQers, no matter if they have a kamado or a kettle or a stick burner, they all marvel at how absolutely rock solid the KKs hold temps.  There are a few other kamado manufacturers with units that hold temps fairly well, BGE, KJ, and Primo, but when all is said and done, the KK wins hands down because of all its thermal mass.  

I have a controller, but rarely ever use it.  It just doesn't seem necessary and its only after I get either or both of my KKs up to temp and the cook on the grate that I ever think of breaking out the controller.  Dennis, you've ruined me!  :smt023