FotonDrv

When Birds Attack

No, this is not meant to be an Alfred Hitchcock Thread but birds do attack thing, even attacking humans.  Think about the birds that protect their nests in the city and attack walkers and joggers.  I can imagine some interesting photos have been taken.

Along that vein here are some photos of a couple of eagles double timing a duck.  The duck got lucky...  The 2 crows kept running interference for the duck.

IMG_1043.JPGIMG_1044.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2d7.jpeg

IMG_0019.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1dc.jpeg

IMG_1042.JPG

• Like 2

We had a snow storm last night that closed the schools for the day and after snow blowing the deck and feeding the birds I saw this from inside my kitchen. I have among others a feeder that hanging in the window over my kitchen sink.  

Woodpecker.jpg

This one is a woodpecker.:) 

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

That is very nice of you help the critters that cannot migrate for whatever reason.  If we put out bird feeders here the pigeons and crows usurp the good and the little ones lose.  Casting the seeds on the ground feeds the small birds really well here.

Now the hummingbirds really have my respect for their aerial acrobatics and their feisty territorial displays :-)  Hope to get photos of that some day too.

Edited by FotonDrv
text

My bird feeder challenges every year were not only the squirrels, but the raccoons. They destroy feeders to get to the goodies and I don't want altercations with my dogs. The raccoons are bigger and often rabid. And winter before last, on 2 occasions, I had a possum on my deck nibbling at the seed that had been spilled out of the feeders. At least he did his "play possum" thing and the dogs only barked at him. Had to take the broom to him to get him to leave. After that, I said enough. 

Those raccoons are a real pain. I have to take down all the feeders every night and put them back up in the morning all spring, summer and fall or they will be destroyed. The only one I can leave up all night is the one in the kitchen window.

When I had a dog it was only allowed out front in the fenced in yard and the feeders are all out back on the opposite side of the house so not a problem. I wouldn't be feeding if my dog was in danger from raccoons that's for sure.:) 

• Like 1