Greg B

Hello from the PNW

Hello.   Been grilling/smoking for most of my adult life.   Started with a Weber kettle about 45 years ago.   Graduated to a Kamado Joe after burning out 4 kettles.   Currently have 2 Joes, Big un and a little un.   Wish I hadn't wasted all those years before getting a Kamado.  Really didn't waste them, transition from kettle to kamado was easier than some have coming from a gasser.

Hey Greg, just joined myself. Where 'bouts in the PNW? I'm here in Hillsboro OR, originally from Seattle->Portland and now here.

Purchased a KJC ~1 month ago and having a blast with it. Amazing temperature control, and beats the heck out of my prior Traeger from a versatility standpoint (I don't have to have two different units for smoking and grilling!), so I'm pretty stoked with my first few cooks. Still got some learning curves to work out, but everything (okay, I overcooked some very thin t-bone steaks) has been really good so far.

Hope to find some good information on this site, as everything else seems to moving to facebook, and I'm rather old school when it comes to the standard forum format. 

Happy grillin'!

Karl