Alphonse

Casters/wheels - what do they look like on a 32?

I am studying 32" grills and looking for some detail on the casters/wheels used. 

From my searches, I understand they are installed in a cavity in each foot and do not have brakes.  Are all four rotating casters?  What are the wheel diameters?  I have found that they are high density rubber and galvanized steel carriers.  

Can someone lead me to a photo of them?

Thanks in advance for the help. 

Edited by Alphonse

4 hours ago, Pequod said:

Here ya go. Note that the spider gunk costs extra.

6884DFE6-EA35-4768-8C06-7FB09735B8B8.thumb.jpeg.c16346afd945401de1a5a32956ae2b69.jpeg

Hope that helps.

Thanks Pequod for the photo and stooping low to get it!   That gives me a better understanding of what's under there there. 

The casters, their capacity, and overall dimensions define their capability to roll over some uneven surfaces.  For example, tiled plywood sheets leading the path across a garden/yard to its new quarters.    

Do you know if the axles have grease fittings? 

8 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Thanks Pequod for the photo and stooping low to get it!   That gives me a better understanding of what's under there there. 

The casters, their capacity, and overall dimensions define their capability to roll over some uneven surfaces.  For example, tiled plywood sheets leading the path across a garden/yard to its new quarters.    

Do you know if the axles have grease fittings? 

I don’t, but leapfrogging plywood sheets (on an incline!) is exactly how I got my KKs into my back yard. That and four burly Army ROTC’s.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

I believe they are 4" high-density black rubber castors. Swivel 360º
While galvanized they are attached using female stainless threaded sleeves filled with white grease before the stainless bolts are installed.
The castors use universal mounting brackets with oval holes..

How easy is the 32 to roll on a patio (smooth concrete with an expansion joints)?  I am imagining moving one 15 feet from time to time.

Edited by Alphonse

10 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

How easy is the 32 to roll on a patio (smooth concrete with an expansion joints)?  I am imagining moving one 15 feet from time to time.

I move mine like this all the time. No issues at all. Interestingly, my 32 rolls even more easily than my 23. No idea why this is.

9 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Perhaps they have a different diameter/capacity on the wheels?   

From Dennis' comment here, the 32" grill has 4" diameter wheels.  I have some 4" high capacity casters on some machine tools and they roll quite well when needed.

That could be.