Buzilo

Hot cold smoke kk

I use that large "T" tool that ships with your grill.. It's about a foot long and has an allen key welded to 1/4" SS rod.
I slide it into the feed tube when it's cold and can chip out the stuff that builds up..  the pull-apart and soak works of course too.

What product do you guys recommend to soak it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Pequod said:

I remove the smoke tube (whatever it's called -- the one that leads into the KK) and inspect it after every use. Usually it has accumulated crud. When it does I disassemble the whole thing and soak in PBW overnight

This.

I soak in PBW after every use then scrub the inside with these make shift brushes  (cheap $5 investment).

1EE7A972-AFCD-4655-8FCE-EC1E396CDCFA.thumb.jpeg.3b255a3b17a4c58e5d76ae1e38e58aaf.jpeg

You can use any bottle brush and trim it to fit the feed tube with kitchen scissors.  A traditional toilet brush fits the smoke canister perfectly.  I cut the handle off and attach it to a drill for fast power cleaning.  If you go this route, I suggest putting the canister in a 5 gallon bucket when using the drill to keep any flying debris contained.

This thread was a good reminder to take my smoker apart and clean it.  I have been pretty lazy.  I left the smoker attached to the KK for weeks and only detached it to shake out old pellets/crud when necessary.  I took it apart and soaked in PBW.  Most parts came out completely clean.  Just had some residual black stuff on the inside of the tube around the holes where you set the fire.  That seems fine to me.  Another few weeks of laziness coming up...

• Like 3