ChefJeff

My first Komodo post---Unique Margarita recipe!

Laughing that my first Komodo post has not a shred to do with my yet to arrive Komodo---that being said, cocktails are OH SO IMPORTANT, aren't they?

If you want to try something tall, tasty---and with a nice kick, you might enjoy this version of a margarita.

Into a pitcher, dump a 12 oz. container of Minute Maid Limeade concentrate.

Fill the empty Limeade container with Cuervo Gold Tequila, and dump it into the pitcher.

Finally dump 3 (12 oz.) bottles of Corona beer into the pitcher.

That's it! Pour over 6 ice filled glasses and squeeze in a lime.

Cheers all,

Jeff

Yah, you and Deej will hit it off, too. You managed to work BEER into your margarita recipe! :wink: Or maybe he'll think you contaminated the beer. :shock:

Dunno. Don't tell Deej, but I'm not much of a beer drinker. What does it add to the recipe, other than a beery taste?

Thanks for the welcome. Now all I need is my Komodo, and we can all be on the same page!

The beer flavor isn't really very pronounced. Corona beer is fairly mild in flavor, and it offsets the sweetness of the limeade concentrate. For some reason the three brand named ingredients as I described, makes for a pretty tasteeee drink!

Cheers,

Jeff

Actually I'm in the midst of re-grouping some dollars, before I order. I was seduced by a machine called Pacojet about 3 weeks ago. A pretty thrilling addition to our kitchen---but admittedly whenever I look at it, I say "you could have been my Komodo", as they are the same price.

Hope all is well Trish.

Welcome!!!

You will be VERY happy!!!!

I used to own one of the Mexi-Ks....thought the KK would just be a reliable replacement. Boy was I wrong!!! It is not only a superior built product it actually cooks better!!! You will love it.

Thanks for the drink!!

Wish I could share one of my home brews with everyone on the forum!! :smt030

Looks cool' date=' but will it make frozen drinks? hehe I want one of these - http://www.acitydiscount.com/MiniMarg-F ... 16.1.1.htm . Frozen Mai Tai and Rum Runners here I come!

-=Jasen=-

DJ - get one of these https://secure.vitamix.com/acb/stores/4/ versatile and powerful. It will make the smoothest blended drinks ever from cubed ice. It's a beast - the gold standard @ bars/restaurants -Starbucks uses them for Fraps. 5 stars.

Looks cool' date=' but will it make frozen drinks? hehe I want one of these - http://www.acitydiscount.com/MiniMarg-F ... 16.1.1.htm . Frozen Mai Tai and Rum Runners here I come!

-=Jasen=-

DJ - get one of these https://secure.vitamix.com/acb/stores/4/ versatile and powerful. It will make the smoothest blended drinks ever from cubed ice. It's a beast - the gold standard @ bars/restaurants -Starbucks uses them for Fraps. 5 stars.

That is just it, I don't want one I have to feed ice cubes. Just keep it filled with rum runner mix and booze, and there is always a party in the kitchen.

-=Jasen=-

I guess while we are dreaming, I could hire someone to feed cubes into my super blender :) , besides not everyone wants the same drink.

We also have a Magic Bullet! http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Bullet-Expr ... B000AEZVRS :oops: Not bad for milk shakes & smoothies. It also has a dry grinder that I have used to chop some spices that we had whole but needed ground.

Funny how the KK makes all the gadgets we had before even more valuable! :wink:

The VitaMix type of blenders are truly terrific. I've owned one for years. I recently purchased an additional blender from another company. Not to take anything away from all of us happy VitaMix owners, but my new blender is by Waring. It's called MX1050. The motor is stronger than the VitaMix. The Waring has 3 1/2 horsepower, and the resulting extra strength does 2 things of note. The blender is actually quieter than the Vitamix, because the extra horsepower lets the blender not work as hard during blending. And secondly the Waring lets fibrous foods break down even finer than the Vitamix. I bought into this from some health website that said that only in a 3 1/2 horsepower blender could you break down plant fiber enough, to release all of the phytochemicals. I really don't know if this is true or not, but just the same I'm glad that I bought the Waring. What I don't love about the Waring is the beaker, as there is no "pusher" that you can help foods mix better with during the blend---the VitaMix beaker fits on the Waring, and now I have the best combination of all.