ckreef

Aussie's Leg of Lamb

I've got a shoulder of lamb... am wondering how to cook it this Saturday...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lamb is one of God's greatest inventions for bbq lol liked most meat there are heaps of ways of cooking i have done this cook numerous times in the oven before I got my Kamado it is a refreshing great tasting meal http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/38214/slow+roasted+lamb+shoulder if you look through the website there is some excellent recipes to try lamb does not need a really long cook to bring out its true flavour

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

Looks pretty darn good!

I was thinking of doing a Uyghur style roast from Xinjiang (North West) in China. Basically a roast shoulder with a (mostly) dry rub heavy on the cumin, some chilli powder, ginger, soy, sugar, shaoxing wine etc. On a bed of potatoes and onions.

What say you?

• Like 2

Looks pretty darn good!

I was thinking of doing a Uyghur style roast from Xinjiang (North West) in China. Basically a roast shoulder with a (mostly) dry rub heavy on the cumin, some chilli powder, ginger, soy, sugar, shaoxing wine etc. On a bed of potatoes and onions.

What say you?

Cumin is great on lamb those ingredients will go well I have used Chinese wine on lamb and it works well we have a great Asian infulance down here. Go for it but I highly recommend foiling it to keep the moisture in makes a huge difference with lamb

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

Not really worth its own thread so I thought I'd just share the results of my lamb shoulder experiment.

It was a bit more than the shoulder including a couple of ribs in there too:

9ededc359487d226e68f362717c71bed.jpg
Prepped a bed of spuds and onions

cba5f27b08258c349d80e985c88d3a5e.jpg
Scored the meat and rubbed with rice wine and soy mix before adding the dry rub of cumin, chilli powder, garlic, ginger, sichuan pepper corns, coriander seeds and pepper.

3 and a half hours started at 375F for about an hour and then let it settle at 325F for the remainder.

Came out pretty good:
852c056bd7f6862867570b450451d7d6.jpg
Potatoes and onions were stand out!

• Like 4