Karolina Komodo

Refilling Charcoal During Cook

41 minutes ago, GoFrogs91 said:

I just ran across Jealous Devil a month ago after using Fogo for years. Mainly large chunks and I love the ziplock enclosure at the top and the handle on the side of the bag for carrying/pouring the charcoal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they switched bags. My last bag of JD was in a more traditional bag. 

@MacKenzie it South American "axe breaker" hardwood. South American hardwoods are a denser harder wood compared to North American hardwoods.

I used the last of my JD the other night. Need to order some more. Until then I'll burn through some crappy lump I have leftover from my lump experiment. Cowboy - yuk

• Like 1

https://www.bbqguys.com/jealous-devil/all-natural-lump-charcoal-35-lbs

You can see a picture of what it looks like here. If you zoom in on the right side of the bag, you can see a clear plastic handle stuck to the side. I was skeptical, but have not had one of the handles break yet. Pretty handy when the bag is full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Valvic said:

You can also buy directly from Jealous Devil. 

True, but BBQGuys were running a special with free shipping. 

I didn't even notice the handle on the side of the bag. I just dumped the whole thing into my charcoal bin, didn't need the ziptop on the bag. But BOY, are there some major sized pieces in there! Will likely have to break them up as I've found that these really big pieces don't actually burn all that well. Main reason that I quit using Fogo Super Premium - too many super large hunks. 

• Like 1