Scott.W

Rotisserie problem

Update - I did what @tony b suggested - simply used my dremel to extend the bolt slots on the flange. I cut them all the way out so I can slip it onto the two screws welded to the plate attached to the Kamado itself. I have JUST enough contact to screw down the wing nuts and hold everything in place. I could still take off a 1/4 inch form the shaft if I want it to be 100% but this will work for my first rotisserie cook. If it does not work I can them resort to shortening the connector shaft.

I think a note in the rotisserie description would help buyers know that the fit varies kamodo to kamodo, motor to motor and that some (simple) modifications may be in order.

Thanks again for all the great tips!

Edited by davidcbaker
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

We have a solution that works on all motors.. We've made the shaft shorter but welded a washer to  prevent it from sliding into the motor... will work on all the different motor sockets with the new bracket.

I bought a spit rotisserie for my new 32 and 23 and a cradle rotisserie for the 32.  I was dreading fiddling about to get them to work but when I read Dennis' message above this morning I thought I would give it a go.  I fitted the spit rotisserie to the 32 in just under 6.5 minutes.  I did it all on my own and was super pleased.  The cradle rotisserie took longer but works beautifully.  I will post videos on a new topic when I figure out how to do so.

• Like 6