jeffshoaf

Favorite grilling/smoking TV show or YouTube channel?

What's your favorite show on grilling and/or smoking food?

Mine is Man, Fire, Food on the Cooking channel. The host is very personable and travels the US (and sometimes further) and helps someone cook with fire. He greatly hits two locations per episode and the guests are anywhere from famous chefs at famous restaurants to caterers to backyard cooks and they cook on everything from commercial cookers to custom rigs to holes in the ground. It's always interesting and fun and i regularly pick up toss and ideas.

Project Smoke with Steven Raichlen is good. I have to bite my lip every once in a while, as he sometimes puts out some bad info. But, he cooks on a lot of different styles of grills/smokers (including KKs!!) and his recipes are usually very good. His BBQ USA is practically a bible in my house. 

I'm going back a bit, but I used to enjoy Bobby Flay's, Boy Meets Grill. Again, very good recipes. He has a tendency to cook on gas too much for me, but he was doing this show on the roof of his place in NYC! 

Food Networks "Chopped" did a series with pitmasters that was pretty good. 

BBQ Crawl on the Travel Channel was very entertaining and the hostess was very funny, but a fierce competitor in the pits. 

Edited by tony b

Netflix had a bbq series hosted in Ga a few months back on Lang offsets and other utensils that challenged those participating in the competition to bring the best to the table as the menu changed.  Malcolm Reed is a good watch, he offers alot and shows you comfortably "how to" on all his toys. Once the bug has bitten your ear the thought is hard to loose, it's kind of like being possessed and NO exorcist can ever get to the core. You know and it's no lie, 2 weeks ago I cooked the best piece of meat I've ever tasted and did it on my 23 ROTO.  Maldon salt, cracked peppercorn on Picanha...that's all.  Food for entertainment, that right there will always draw a curious audience and always something good comes from it

How about this guy called Chubbs bbq down in Texas. He's originally from New Hampshire (live free or die), his delivery is so quick and his personality, cooks and fabrication builds will amaze. Just discovered, a good watch, he doesn't stop. UTube/////  Another one is TrendKiller on UTube, no muss no fuss and a great cook, he's also a builder of BBq Santa Maria grills. This guy is so fluid on his cooks at times I wonder what kind of training he may have had in the past.  Recipes on both

• Like 1

On TV I like Project Smoke/Project Fire w/ Steven Raichlen (you can watch this on a smart TV if you have Amazon Prime Video).

On YouTube I enjoy Smoking Dad BBQ, All Things BBQ, Mad Scientist BBQ, Harry Soo, and Malcom Reed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Forrest said:

On TV I like Project Smoke/Project Fire w/ Steven Raichlen (you can watch this on a smart TV if you have Amazon Prime Video).

On YouTube I enjoy Smoking Dad BBQ, All Things BBQ, Mad Scientist BBQ, Harry Soo, and Malcom Reed.

Fir some reason, Steven's shows used to irritate me - I think it's just his manner of speaking and presentation. That being said, i searched Prime video for project fire and project smoke but they don't seem to be available anymore. I did find his Primal Grill, but they only have session 3 available so I'm watching it and working thru my irritation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffshoaf said:

Fir some reason, Steven's shows used to irritate me - I think it's just his manner of speaking and presentation.

He hits me the wrong way sometimes, too, especially when he perpetuates one of the classic BBQ "myths" - by saying something like sealing in the juices by searing. I just groan. He knows better, but is saying it because he suspects that most of his audience really believes it and doesn't want to stir up the pot by correcting it. 

• Like 2

With 100,000 people coming out of poverty every day, and easy access to technology, here is a feast for many to be proud of. We are very close to eliminating starvation in the world.
This is 30 minutes to grow the herbs, fatten the lamb, build the fire pit, season and stuff the lamb, spin the lamb.

It reminds me of a little red hen except with everyone chipping in.