CeramicTool

Evolution of KomodoKamado

On 4/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, CeramicTool said:

Please don't destroy my delusions, let me get away with saying a KK pays for itself, because it really truly almost does unless it kills me first.

My wife informed me that I will be buried in my KK, so I'm adding the cost of a coffin as part of the ROI, based on that,  I'm now ahead of the curve! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2021 at 2:29 PM, bgrant3406 said:

My wife informed me that I will be buried in my KK, so I'm adding the cost of a coffin as part of the ROI, based on that,  I'm now ahead of the curve! 

Coming soon, the 62" 'Big Bad Sarcophagus' ...... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When KK was new and we were constantly upgrading the grills, there would be certain changes that someone would see on the forum, then buy a grill and complain it did not have the feature / was not the latest and greatest. This got old, so like software I gave the major changes their own version numbers.  At a certain point, I carried so much inventory it made adding features difficult.  How do I add a $30 cold smoker port when I had 40  23's and 25  32's without making  $300k plus worth of grills suddenly dated..  My solution was to photoshop out the ports until all the grills without them were sold and then put  of the photos with ports all at once...

When I completely sold out last April, I asked myself is there anything that I would like to add now that I could not add before?
It was the top lip protector.. the 32" and 42" grills have enough weight that they close with more force and the lip protection makes sense and I like the look.. Bit more robust..

BTW it was simply one basket/16lbs of charcoal at 235º will burn for 85 hours.  The 16 lbs was my dense coconut shell charcoal.

During lockup this spring I filled the 42" charcoal basket with almost three boxes of coconut shell charcoal and it ran 215 hours.
I'll try to post the documentation soon..  I ran a stopwatch and took shots of the burning charcoal everyday at dusk with the stopwatch running then took a shot of the phone with the stopwatch and my phone for the actual time and date.  This being proof for the haters and deniers..   LOL  

• Like 12