Aussie Ora

Sunny days

I like snow for about 10 minutes. Thankfully we get about 1" every 5 years here. You should see Cajuns drive when we get ice on the roads. It's off or wide open no matter what the road conditions. See, I didn't say coonass...oop! 
Never driven in snow would probably crash straight away . But we doget below zero in some parts witch puts a layer of ice on the road deadly as

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Mudbug, crayfish, crawfish, a marron has to be the first cousin of a crawfish. But they do look much bigger than the average crawfish. The live price here in the heart of crawfish country is around $2 but as high as $4 a pound. Boiled go for $5 to $8 a pound. They have drive though places here too. You used to be able to get some nets and catch them like I did back in the Jurassic day, but now people own the ponds and won't let the public in.  Some humans like to leave their trash behind and messed it up for the rest of us. Anyway, they are still one of my favorite foods on this planet. 

• Like 3

Well I'll be darn, that fella looks a lot like his cousin just offshore here. I remember watching a show that depicted this Au species as endangered, I believe it was on Tasmania, the big island on the eastern shore if I'm correct. Like Poochie said it's a favorite, however that little swamp/pond critter just ain't got enough meat on the bone for me. I like em 1 1/2 lb to 2 1/2 lbs for the table, then again every once in a while someone pulls up a giant in the mid 20's, a lobster big enough to crack your arm. They're most generally released again after he's shown off a bit,  the feeling being is if he's avoided the trap for 75 years it might be bad luck to place him in the pot.

• Like 5

Mudbug, crayfish, crawfish, a marron has to be the first cousin of a crawfish. But they do look much bigger than the average crawfish. The live price here in the heart of crawfish country is around $2 but as high as $4 a pound. Boiled go for $5 to $8 a pound. They have drive though places here too. You used to be able to get some nets and catch them like I did back in the Jurassic day, but now people own the ponds and won't let the public in.  Some humans like to leave their trash behind and messed it up for the rest of us. Anyway, they are still one of my favorite foods on this planet. 
Wow that's cheap compared to here .our season to catch them .is about to start .https://recfishwest.org.au/news/snaring-a-feed-of-south-west-marron/

Well I'll be darn, that fella looks a lot like his cousin just offshore here. I remember watching a show that depicted this Au species as endangered, I believe it was on Tasmania, the big island on the eastern shore if I'm correct. Like Poochie said it's a favorite, however that little swamp/pond critter just ain't got enough meat on the bone for me. I like em 1 1/2 lb to 2 1/2 lbs for the table, then again every once in a while someone pulls up a giant in the mid 20's, a lobster big enough to crack your arm. They're most generally released again after he's shown off a bit,  the feeling being is if he's avoided the trap for 75 years it might be bad luck to place him in the pot.
Just grab a few extra lol . I used to work on a Prawn trawler ,out of Darwin .Plundering the ocean when the net got pulled up everything was in it shark sea snakes .and the largest prawns and cray fish land dwellers have never seen in their local shop .prawns the size of my arm and crays even longer .frozen straight away for export. My favourite seafood is Morten Bay bugs they taste so good. https://australiatravelquestions.com/food-and-drink/what-is-a-moreton-bay-bug/

• Like 2