EGGARY

Smoked Boneless Leg of Lamb

Plan smoking a Boneless Leg of Lamb for my Brother-in-Law's Brunch, so that means transporting it to his house.  If I want to cook the Leg of Lamb to Medium Rare, 140-145, what would be an ideal temperature to pull it considering the carryover time ?  I plan on smoking it at 225-250 then raise the temp to 400 to get the Leg of Lamb a little "crispy" on the outside.  There is a rest time of 15 minutes but the ride to my BIL is longer.   I know it will take at least 3.5-4 hours.  At least that is what the Recipe says and yes I know and always do, cook to temperature.  I don't want the Boneless Leg of Lamb to go beyond Medium Rare.

Happy Passover and Easter.  (We are Jewish)

Happy Passover and Easter to you too. Sorry I can’t help with your plan, tomorrow will be my first stab at Lamb and mine has a bone. I’m treating it like is is beef, I’ll cook to 125 and hope it carries  over to 130-135 for medium rare.

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 1

The cook went well.  Got up at 4:30 in the morning and started up the KK.  Got KK to temperature and put the Lamb on at 5:00am.  It was done by 9:00.  Wrapped it in Butcher Paper, Aluminum Foil, and towels and into a Cooler.  Stayed warm by the time we got to BIL’s house.  I cooked it to 138*.  It was good but next time will cook it to 128-132.  A little to medium for me.

One thing I didn’t like was the amount of Smoke Flavor the Charcoal gave.  I use FOGO.  That is the only Charcoal I use but after today, FOGO is not good for smoking.  I also added two nice size chunks of Pecan and didn’t get any of that flavor.  I will use FOGO for steak and Tri-Tips..