Donator

Hello from Sydney

Hi Fam! 

I am so stoked to finally join the KK family. Got our 23 ultimate in cobalt blue couple of days ago and managed to move it over a couple of stairs - that was intense! So happy we decided to go with the KK and we haven't even used it yet- just looks so beautiful! 

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1. Is there a user manual I can download somewhere? 

2. How do I attach the supplied thermometer to the front of the grill? I couldn't find any instructions? 

3. I know I'm supposed to burn in the grill before cooking - but have no idea what to actually do. Anywhere I can find info on this? 

Oh man I can't wait to try some of the recipes on this forum- I'm drooling already! 

Donator

• Like 1

It really is gorgeous, thanks for the pix.  :smt060  :smt003    There should be a small hole above the handle and the stem of the thermometer should just slide right in. There is also a clip that goes on the inside of the top that holds the stem in place but a lot of us don't bother to use it as the thermometer can't fall out and it makes it easy to clean it, plus some folks turn the desired temp to the 12 o'clock position making it easier to what the temp. is from a distance. 

@Donator - Welcome to the Obsession! You're going to be amazed at the food that you will turn out on your new KK! Post pics!

To the last point, search the Forum, as there's lots of posts/instructions/videos on the burn-in process. But, it's not necessary to do that burn-in to use the KK. You only need to do the burn-in if you plan to do any high temperature (above 400F) cooks. You can do low & slow cooks until the cows come home. If you want to go ahead and do the burn-in to get it out of the way, that's cool, too. Also, take advantage of that burn-in and do some cooking during the process - perfectly safe. Make use of all that charcoal that you're going to burn up  doing it. 

17 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

It really is gorgeous, thanks for the pix.  :smt060  :smt003    There should be a small hole above the handle and the stem of the thermometer should just slide right in. There is also a clip that goes on the inside of the top that holds the stem in place but a lot of us don't bother to use it as the thermometer can't fall out and it makes it easy to clean it, plus some folks turn the desired temp to the 12 o'clock position making it easier to what the temp. is from a distance. 

Excellent - thought I might have to silicon ect. but this is perfect. 

13 hours ago, tony b said:

@Donator - Welcome to the Obsession! You're going to be amazed at the food that you will turn out on your new KK! Post pics!

To the last point, search the Forum, as there's lots of posts/instructions/videos on the burn-in process. But, it's not necessary to do that burn-in to use the KK. You only need to do the burn-in if you plan to do any high temperature (above 400F) cooks. You can do low & slow cooks until the cows come home. If you want to go ahead and do the burn-in to get it out of the way, that's cool, too. Also, take advantage of that burn-in and do some cooking during the process - perfectly safe. Make use of all that charcoal that you're going to burn up  doing it. 

Thanks mate - and will do. Might cook up some chooks while i do the burn in on the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1