the_handler

New Hang Out

Hey all,

Today was the first time I heard about and visited this site. Found it doing a google search running down complaints on the place I just jumped from. This looks like the new place for a barbecue guy using a similar style cooker to hang out. The forum I just left might be on it's last leg if they don't get it together. I also see that I'm not the only person to move over to this forum. I recognize quite a few familiar names. Looks like I'm just little slow to get here. Makes me feel comfy. Hello everyone.

Re: New Hang Out

Hey all,

Today was the first time I heard about and visited this site. Found it doing a google search running down complaints on the place I just jumped from. This looks like the new place for a barbecue guy using a similar style cooker to hang out. The forum I just left might be on it's last leg if they don't get it together. I also see that I'm not the only person to move over to this forum. I recognize quite a few familiar names. Looks like I'm just little slow to get here. Makes me feel comfy. Hello everyone.

Welcome aboard! I for one look forward to the contributions that will come with all your experience in the ceramic cooking field. There are a fair number of us newbies and we have benefited from the "grownups" knowledge :lol: Plus its just plain good to have more folks on the forum who like good food! :D

Welcome aboard, I found this site last years (whilst looking for a ceramic BBQ). Currently my KK is three days away from port... :D

But you can tell from all the posts that this is a great forum with BBQ-ers from all the different families, KK, Kamado, BGE, Weber (DJ ;) +Me anyway) (no prizes for guessing which one is the best!!)

I'm guessin, since he said "a similar style cooker," that he's cookin on a K. :)

Fortunately, Handy, they let us K people play here, too. Just they do gloat about how wonderful their KKs are, now and then. But they do try not to be TOO rude about it.

:)

And the new Gloat, "Charcoal in under a year" :eek:

And the new Gloat' date=' "Charcoal in under a year" :eek:[/quote']Aw, Curly... now that's just MEAN talk! :smt016

Rub it in, why don't you! :roll:

Well, MY long-awaited lump should be here soon... any time now... really....

Or something. So far, cc hasn't been charged. :) Ok, so no one's asked for it, either....

My kooker's are a California K and an original Oklahoma Joe's wood smoker - before they sold out. The wood smoker does not get as much use as the K. However, the offset gets fired up along with the K when I'm often asked by my church to provide the meat for special church functions. The church is obviously not a mega church but we have about 60 to 70 people. It's fun, I enjoy feeding people when they enjoy what they're eating. I'll be in the market for a new kooker in the near future. I need more surface space. I thought the review The Naked Whiz gave the product was awesome.

My kooker's are a California K and an original Oklahoma Joe's wood smoker - before they sold out. The wood smoker does not get as much use as the K. However' date=' the offset gets fired up along with the K when I'm often asked by my church to provide the meat for special church functions. The church is obviously not a mega church but we have about 60 to 70 people. It's fun, I enjoy feeding people when they enjoy what they're eating. I'll be in the market for a new kooker in the near future. I need more surface space. I thought the review The Naked Whiz gave the product was awesome.[/quote']

I wanna see some pics of the church feeds next time you do one...with all the different cookers going.