Porkchop

Happy 4th of July!

babys for 2.99? that's a deal! funny, i was just wrestling with butts v. ribs, or doing both. course, i'll do REAL ribs (spares) and rib tips! oh, btw, curly, saw "unwrapped" on foodtv last nite, and they had "curly's pulled pork" featured on the show. i was surprised to see that they actually smoke boned out pork butts and pull (partially) by hand. course, it looked like slop by the time it got extruded into the tub :mad:

thot of you...

remember, when you think of textureless, gloppy pulled pork in a tub, think of curly :twisted:

babys for 2.99? that's a deal! funny, i was just wrestling with butts v. ribs, or doing both. course, i'll do REAL ribs (spares) and rib tips! oh, btw, curly, saw "unwrapped" on foodtv last nite, and they had "curly's pulled pork" featured on the show. i was surprised to see that they actually smoke boned out pork butts and pull (partially) by hand. course, it looked like slop by the time it got extruded into the tub :mad:

thot of you...

remember, when you think of textureless, gloppy pulled pork in a tub, think of curly :twisted:

That's just wrong dude :cry: But I got pics of my pulled pork, and I know it ain't true. Never seen any of your's fella, that glop hard to photograph :eek: . So, are ya cooking boy, or are ya just flapping them big ol hawg jowls again :shock: So, there ya go PorkButt, put up or shut up :usa2: . Happy 4th of July.

The real deal here

100_1514.jpg

And more

100_1366.jpg

Something else

100_1671.jpg

Good stuff here

100_1794.jpg

Yummy

100_1814.jpg

They had spares for $1.99. I'm gonna go back on the 5th and see what kinda price they have on the leftovers.

slap curly on that bald head o his, and he comes out swingin'!! sad thing is, if you ever want to sell your pull (which looks awesome, btw :notworthy:), smithfield (those knuckleheads that inject all their fresh pork with saline so they can sell you salt water) has rights to "curly's" as a brand...

slap curly on that bald head o his' date=' and he comes out swingin'!! sad thing is, if you ever want to sell your pull (which looks awesome, btw :notworthy:), smithfield (those knuckleheads that inject all their fresh pork with saline so they can sell you salt water) has rights to "curly's" as a brand...[/quote']

He-he, unlike RJ, who thinks he has patented the words "Komado" and "Portland", I lay no claim to the name Curly...it was around before me.

I'm way to contented with cooking for fun to ever try to cook for profit, that sounds like way to much work to me ;)

And who on a bbq forum won't come out swinging when you say their pulled pork is like textureless, gloppy pulled pork in a tub. You may as well have slapped my mama :twak: I had to put my ear corks in just to tune that out. 8)

I'm way to contented with cooking for fun to ever try to cook for profit' date=' that sounds like way to much work to me ;) [/quote']

it does tend to take the fun out of it, yeah! that's why i changed my plans, if ever i strike it rich on lotto. instead of a restaurant, it'll be an RV and touring the US BBQ competition circuit! screw it, i'm rich, right?

And who on a bbq forum won't come out swinging when you say their pulled pork is like textureless' date=' gloppy pulled pork in a tub. You may as well have slapped my mama :twak: I had to put my ear corks in just to tune that out. 8)[/quote']

look closer. i didn't say it makes me think of your pulled pork; it makes me think of you :bootyshake: c'mon, you really think i'd talk bad about your COOKIN'???

You better not let DJ see that sauce on the grill...he will hit you with a troll mod again!

Man that is funny, while I was not thinking of the troll mod, when I scrolled down, that is the first pic that I was outraged about! Argh, sauce on a grill....hehe. Nah, can't say I have never done it, but it is not an often occurrence. Usually on chicken though.

-=Jasen=-

Happy 4th & good KK'n to everyone. I won't be doing any grilling this 4th, as I'm at work on my home away from home, procuring the raw material for all the gassers.;)

IMG_5017.jpg

But I work a 2 week on, 2 week off schedule, so I'll be home July 11th and will be cooking with a vengance. By that time, my order of Dizzy Pig rubs will be here, and my Grillfloss, (although a 3/8" end wrench does a pretty good job), and later in the summer (won't ship till the end of August) my deluxe KK side table will come. Check it out!

Sidetable.jpg

It's a bit of a splurge, but so was the KK.

Happy 4th!

They had spares for $1.99. I'm gonna go back on the 5th and see what kinda price they have on the leftovers.

I find that by the time I st. louis the spares what's left for eating is about the same $$$ as the babybacks (I don't like the tips... too greasy so I chuck them). So I go for spares when I want a more meatier rib.

I find that by the time I st. louis the spares what's left for eating is about the same $$$ as the babybacks (I don't like the tips... too greasy so I chuck them). So I go for spares when I want a more meatier rib.

Oh, I love the tips :D

Oh, I love the tips :D

They are great in beans! I don't bother paying for baby backs (maybe if I were grilling them or something I might), gotta have my spares and St. Louis trimmed. Heck a lot of times our grocer already has them trimmed too.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Happy 4th of July!

to my fellow americans! happy independance day! celebrate by filling the air with the scent of roasting pork, beef, and/or chicken! be thankful we live in a free country, and are blessed with the best food in the world, among other things...

:usa2::usa2::usa2::usa2::usa2::usa2::usa2::usa2:

Happy Fourth of July you guys (from down-under) :D:D

We have the Kitty Hawk arriving here.. so should be lots of your fellow countrymen in Sydney for the next few days!!

We have the Kitty Hawk arriving here.. so should be lots of your fellow countrymen in Sydney for the next few days!!

Thanks, Ozzie. :)

But since you are down under, isn't it July of the Fourth?

It's all very confusing... :?

Have fun, yourself. Glad you have your cooker so you can Q on our holiday. :wink:

to my fellow americans! happy independance day! celebrate by filling the air with the scent of roasting pork, beef, and/or chicken! be thankful we live in a free country, and are blessed with the best food in the world, among other things...

Kitty Hawk.. that's cool. I visited Kill Devil hill and found it worth the trip out there to see where it first flew.

There are memorial stones set up where they began the flights from the rail system they had set up and also to the location where the first four flights landed. The longest and last flight landed a little hard and ended their experiments for the day. At the time of their success it was scientifically documented but little recognized, as the Wright brothers were not the darlings of the powers that were funding the race.. and of course there were many skeptics that it could actually be done.

It was a memorable moment to walk the length of the longest flight and turn around to see were it started. I can't imagine the sense of awe the Wright brothers had when they stood there and looked back to were they had lifted off! (Their fourth and last flight of the day was much longer than the first three hops and was really the one that was unquestionably flying.) The race to powered flight (and the following claims of patents and honor for being first) is an exciting one filled with power struggles of rich and poor, science-o-philes and lawyers, and of course politicians.. on a grand scale.. across continents.

Umm....I think he meant the aircraft carrier, USS Kitty Hawk.

But I dig where you're coming from Turtle. I'm way into UNpowered flight, having been flying paragliders for about 7 years. It's pretty amazing how far things have progressed both in powered and unpowered flight.

Here's a shot I took in Feb. of this year, flying in a comp in the Dominican Republic. That a good friend of mine out ahead of me. We are in route on a 30 mile triangle flight, most of it at or near cloudbase. Awesome day.

img4705ky4.th.jpg

Umm....I think he meant the aircraft carrier, USS Kitty Hawk.

But I dig where you're coming from Turtle. I'm way into UNpowered flight, having been flying paragliders for about 7 years. It's pretty amazing how far things have progressed both in powered and unpowered flight.

Here's a shot I took in Feb. of this year, flying in a comp in the Dominican Republic. That a good friend of mine out ahead of me. We are in route on a 30 mile triangle flight, most of it at or near cloudbase. Awesome day.

img4705ky4.th.jpg

That looks like a lot of fun. When I lived in Miami a friend took me up in a glider...that was a lot of fun, but the scenery didn't compare to what you have in that pic. It's really cool with the absolute silence except for the wind.