marco polo

Veggie night

Boy, this baby can make a shoe taste good. Had a nice assortment of veggies from the local farmers market, and a light brushing of olive oil, 300degrees, about 20 min. per side. These veggies make for some nice sandwiches. Had to cook a few sausages just to keep Curly and Jasen from repossessing my grill :lol:

MarcoV.jpeg

MarcoV2.jpeg

MarcoV3.jpeg

you HAVE to bake some spuds on the KK. indirect at 450. brush skins with olive oil, season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. crazy good. make more than you think you'll eat. if you dont eat an extra at dinner, make home fries, or thick cut steak fries. deep fry the steak fries, pan fry the home fries... man i miss potatoes...

grilled aparagus also very very good!

i've even baked a casserole pan of brussels sprouts in the kk. baby sprouts are whole, bigger ones are cut in half. lightly butter dish, put in the sprouts, drizzle more butter, then sprinkle with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. roast til tender. they get this little crispy-like texture on the outside, and tender (not mush!) in the middle...

a big steak with a big tater and load of brussels sprouts?? thats my "death row" last meal, baby!

I had grill open to cook squash. Fire got too hot. :( Charred squash. So I closed lid to lower temp.

Forgot to burp it. :( FLASHBACK, and now I'm missing some eyelashes, and hair on right side of head is shorter than the left.

And steam burn on my fingers. NOT happy.

And squash was inedible. Ugh. :cry:

of all the restaurants ive worked, all the burns ive got as a baker, chicken fryer, or bbq guy, the absolute WORST was a superheated steam burn just like that. burned my hand horribly! i had my hand in and out of a bowl of icewater all night by my bed. rough!

i feel your pain, sanny. but, you only pull that boner once! and, btw, just for the sake of others reading this, one of the reasons i LOVE the spring loaded KK dome! what a great safety feature. rather than lower the hood with your hand in case of backdraft, you just let go and jump back! not trying to add insult to injury sanny, cause ive truly been there. my pinky finger blistered and the blister popped INSTANTLY, ring finger blistered (like, dime sized blisters on the back of my finger!) real bad, and my middle finger was serious 2nd degree burns. :(

and that was just from the steam! :(

sorry about the squash too! :(

Thank you, PC. :smt008

Fortunately no blisters - or teeny one if any. Cannot see it. I was VERY lucky. Back of fingers on left hand (the one holding the lid).

I did the ice water thing for hours, until I couldn't figure out how to sleep with fingers in ice. Put burn cream on, and ran around the house flapping hand up and down from pain, and fanned it with magazine for about half hour. Then the pain eased some. Maybe it kept hurting but my brain decided to quit listening. Dunno. More slather of burn cream with lidocaine, and it seemed to help.

Today swollen and pink, and don't THINK of touching it. But otherwise ok.

As I said, I was VERY lucky. :shock:

Squash, not so much. :roll:

I'm prolly the only one thats gonna be sympathetic about that, but at least there is one. :D:D We could turn it into a make-up thread and really torture these guys! :lol::lol:

Although Firemonkey might have a few things to add....anyone that owns a pink grill down near South Beach should have some great makeup tips. :eek::D I say that because he has such a great sense of humor.

I think we have strayed a little off topic.

PC saved the men on that one...

Limoncello is the cure to ailments. I am very fortunate and have my parents just coming back from Italy (Umbria), with my christmas/birthday/whatever gifts of: Limoncello, Truffles, and if the good folks at customes didn't confiscate, wild boar sausage. If anybody knows what i am talking about, they are not feeling sorry for me.

Peace, and Quick Recovery to Sanny...

PC saved the men on that one...

Limoncello is the cure to ailments. I am very fortunate and have my parents just coming back from Italy (Umbria), with my christmas/birthday/whatever gifts of: Limoncello, Truffles, and if the good folks at customes didn't confiscate, wild boar sausage. If anybody knows what i am talking about, they are not feeling sorry for me.

Peace, and Quick Recovery to Sanny...

European truffles....the original and best!

They sell Western Australian truffles in one of our major department store at wait for it....................

AU$ 2000

Hmm delicious (not that I bought any)....

I'll stick with the chocolate truffles and if I were closer to Sanny I'd buy her a box to speed up her recovery!

I'll stick with the chocolate truffles and if I were closer to Sanny I'd buy her a box to speed up her recovery!

I'm better already, just thinking about it, Ozzie! :smt054

Mmmm... chocolate... :wink: I've been going at the Nutella with a spoon. Medicinal properties, you understand.

And thanks to everyone. Fingers are healing nicely. Peeling now, but that's part of the heal. No blisters.

Ok, so no eyelashes yet, and I do need to get my hair cut so it's even...

:D