DennisLinkletter

Photo inventory of Gen II OTB components and accessories

Concerning that drip pan: Is it just a reflection/trick of the light that makes it look likes it's slotted and has a zillion holes in the bottom?

I think someone did pretty "circle" scratches in it. Decorative thingies. Not really scratches, but something. Round flat bit, held against metal, spun round and round, makes a circle. Dozens of them in a ring pattern.

It's a feature, not a bug. :)

I think someone did pretty "circle" scratches in it. Decorative thingies.

If so, that's downright silly. Whoever heard of a pretty drip pan?

She is right about the sanded circles, but my guess it is part of the manufacturing process. Probably where there was a seam or bend point from the extrusion. Rather than do a entire polish which would be more costly, it is probably an automated set of brushed that hit that seam. They are also on the deflector pan.

-=Jasen=-

Actually, I think its just decoration. I got an Ultimate just after Christmas, and everything that Dennis sends is top of the line, and that includes the drip pan. But don't worry, after a few uses it looks like every other drip pan! My struggle was to actually USE IT for the first time. I am still lining with aluminum foil to keep it looking pretty! Tom