JoeNY

Having a problem, hope board can help.

About a month ago I tightened my spring and since then my KK will not close all the way. The right side closes flush but the left side has about a half inch gap. I've gone so far as to take the entire top off the unit and remove the spring and it STILL won't close. Doing slow and low cooks has been impossible unless I seal it with packing tape, not exactly my ideal solution.

Dennis has tried to help but with the time difference it's very hard to hook up. I have someone here who can help today so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Before the spring tightening the unit opened and closed fully but loosening the spring does not help now.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, you may have to loosen the nuts on the top to reset the alignment. Before you do this you must loosen the tension all the way on the spring first. When the nuts are loose the top will then sit flush in relation to the bottom of the KK. At that point tighten slowly the 4 nuts. Do the paper test, open the lid carefully(you should have SOME tension on the spring--tighten it a bit.)slide of piece of paper in and slowly close the lidif it's a good seal you will have some difficulty pulling it out. Insert the paper at various points and determine the seal at that point. Tighten the spring to your desired tension. I've also had to realign the closing latch in a similar fashion. This is my opinion only, I've done the same thing and it worked like a charm. I'm sure Dennis may give you similar advice if he has not already-- --look for "smoke leakage"

JoeNY - PM sent.

Just as a matter of information, when you send someone a PM, an email notification is sent to them.

-=Jasen=-

If they have it set up that way. I, for example, don't have email notice. I just look on the forum under the masthead, to see if I have any messages. So far, works fine. :)

Good to know! I have seen the words "PM Sent" numerous times throughout the forum and just thought it was how things were done! :D:lol:

Really? Guess yours was just the first one I noticed, so thought it worth mentioning.

Anyway, also what Sanny said about the notify at the top and if pop ups are enabled, you can also get a pop up notify.

-=Jasen=-