DennisLinkletter

Baah, Upper and lower legs of Lamb

I'm not sure what these are called but I bought a vacuum packed bag of 5. They seemed pretty meaty. I've eaten these from goat with a sweet brown sauce here in Indonesia. Lower legs? And I also bought another Aussie boneless leg of lamb.

I rubbed these both down with just a little French's mustard and then sprinkled them with my trusty McCormic's savory herb roasting rub.

Started at 350º for a half hour then down to 260º until the big leg was 145º. The lil' legs were in the mid 150º's

LAmbPArts.jpg

This was the most tender and moist lamb I've ever cooked. More tender than great tenderloin.. This will make great thin sliced sammies later this week.

LambLeg.jpg

These did not have a lotta meat on them but it was very flavorful..

LowerLAmbleg.jpg

Isla cooked the wild vegetables we found in the garden.. absolutely the best I've ever play eaten...

IslaCooks.jpg

How long did you roast the lamb shanks? I'm really interested in cooking these, in the dead of summer we seem to always have a surplus of them, leftovers from the shoulders and the boneless legs of lamb( for Easter it was rumored that we fixed a butterflied leg on my Mother-in-law's gasser)