DachsieSlave

Hello and Thanks

I have been reading this forum now for about 3 days, and I just had to join to say thanks. I have never laughed so much reading a ceramic forum, and I needed a good laugh.

Let me start by saying you have to love a wife that wants to mow the yard, while I recover from shoulder surgery (thats takes a long time you know). But... two Saturdays ago she came in and said "I really don't want to tell you what I just did." I immediately thought she had broke our new John Deere, boy was I wrong. "I broke the Grill Dome", she said. Shocked silence. Yes my Dome had been reduced to ceramic slag. I had left the side table up and she turned the corner and caught the table and over it went, beyond repair.

Oh well, things happen. Started research online to see how much I would need to save up this time, and found this place. WOW! Such torture, can I wait long enough to get one of these? After 5 years on my Dome MR. Weber just isn't cutting it. And how do I convince the wife, she complained about $500+ for The Dome. Though she never complained about what came off of it. She is right when she says "You have hardwood taste on a particle board budget"

Again thanks have enjoyed being here.

Roy

I hope you will get a KK, but whatever ceramic you choose I hope you continue to participate here. The humor will be enjoyed.

Now, is this kinda like the Home Dpot commercial where the guy intentionally leaves his tools under the back tire of his wife's car, is so understanding when she runs over them, and goes out shopping for new tools? ;):D

Welcome aboard and glad the Deere wasn't damaged!

Show her a picture of a BGE and then a picture of the KK and ask which one she'd rather have in the yard. Always vital to let the significant other pick the color scheme :)

No matter what you choose you're welcome to stick around, we don't discriminate here - just look at some of the people we keep around.

Jeff makes a great point! The choice of several different tile patterns, and even the choice of a 19.5" or 23" grill will give you lots of flexibility. Plus, just look at the tile choices:

viewtopic.php?t=2340&highlight=tile

Tell her she can have her pick! Sure beats the few color choices of the GD. Not too mention, the GD just went up in price so that will help close the gap! Lastly, your wife won't be knocking over a KK any time soon. Very heavy grill and built to last a lifetime! More of an investment than anything else!

Welcome to the forum!

(can you tell we love our KK's?) ;)

Thanks all for the welcome, she does like the tiles, but she is the tightwad of the family. I actually looked at a tiled cooker at the time I bought my GD but was chased away by customer service issues. I have been well pleased by the support by TK at GD and the Forum there is also nice. But what I have seen here is a step above, large step. I just must be patient, take a little longer to save more. Maybe I should just leave her in the hospital tomorrow and not pay their ransom. Is that an option?

Roy

Hang in there Roy!

You'll be welcome in this forum regardless of which cooker you decide to go with. However, take a look at the KK's on special - You might be pleasantly surprised!

Also, feel free to either PM Dennis or hit him with an email. He may have an unadvertised special for you. I think you'll find the customer service to be top rate!

Take care,

Wayne

DJ, Ever get in trouble for what you did in her dream?

Roy

This used to be a common occurrence..

My wife would wake up after having a dream where I was let's say more mischievous than usual and she would be furious with me!

Nothing like getting in trouble for something you did not do..

Almost makes one want to go out and get in trouble to even the stacked deck...

:eek::eek: