DennisLinkletter

Lost one of our Komodo family ;-(

I've just learned that David Spradling aka DavidS passed away late last month. He joined us in March of 2006, was one of our first 20 members and top 20 posters.

He found Komodo after having a POSK and shared more than 40 years BBQing experience with the forum. I'm sure he's up where all the smoke is blue and briskets are cooked to perfection with chewy bark.

My condolences to his wife and family, he will definitely be missed.

DavidS.jpg

wow. i'm sure that he left a legacy of love and hospitality. that's the great thing about folks like us. when we pass on, our loved ones will always remember the laughter, the great times spent around the table, and the legacy of really good times.

occasionally, especially when i've prepared something especially nice, i have a moment of clarity and am reminded that, in the future, when my loved ones think of me, this will be one of the times they'll remember fondly. "remember that one time?"

i'm certain david's family and friends have the same sort of memories, and his spirit will continue through their fond reminiscences. just as we will remember him through his contributions here.

and, while the sentiment may seem a bit odd, i reflect on this sort of thing when i look at my cooker as well. i know that my cooker will outlast me, and that, one day, one of my boys, or my daughter, will be thinking of me every time they use the family komodo. it's a good feeling. and i know, once david's family gets past the pain of loss, they'll all share those loving memories and create even more that David will get to be a part of even then.