Tucker

Pork Ribs

This is my favorite go to blow people's mind rib rub by Chris Lilly..

I use more heat (chipotle) of course..

Chris Lilly Rib Rub

INGREDIENTS

2 slabs St. Louis-cut pork spareribs
10 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup white vinegar

DIRECTIONS
Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Combine the dry rub ingredients and mix well. Reserve 1/3 cup of the dry rub, then apply the remaining rub generously to the front and back of the ribs. Pat gently to ensure the rub adheres to the meat.
Build a fire (wood or combination of charcoal and wood) for indirect cooking by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Preheat the charcoal grill to 250 F. Place the ribs meat side up on the grill and cook with indirect heat, with the grill closed, for 4 hours, or until the ribs are tender.
Mix the vinegar with 1 cup of water in a shallow baking pan. Remove the ribs from the grill and dip them into the vinegar water. Remove the ribs from the wash and place them on a cutting board. Season the ribs immediately with a heavy coat of the reserved dry rub. Cut and serve.
TIPS
Suggested Wood: Hickory, Oak

Chris Lilly Rib Rub

INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 cup white vinegar

DIRECTIONS
Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Combine the dry rub ingredients and mix well. Reserve 1/3 cup of the dry rub, then apply the remaining rub generously to the front and back of the ribs. Pat gently to ensure the rub adheres to the meat.
Build a fire (wood or combination of charcoal and wood) for indirect cooking by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Preheat the charcoal grill to 250 F. Place the ribs meat side up on the grill and cook with indirect heat, with the grill closed, for 4 hours, or until the ribs are tender.
Mix the vinegar with 1 cup of water in a shallow baking pan. Remove the ribs from the grill and dip them into the vinegar water. Remove the ribs from the wash and place them on a cutting board. Season the ribs immediately with a heavy coat of the reserved dry rub. Cut and serve.
TIPS

The funny thing is I have the book.  I guess I should open it once in awhile.  I am getting a little tired of Recipe overload.  There are way too many to choose from.

I have been traveling and not able to access my home files.

this is the 4 stage recipe I used.

same one as in the Big Bob Gibson cook book.

- Ok, tried to paste the recipe, no mas.

tried the "paste from word" and the "paste as plain text" buttons at the top of the post window, no mas.

What do I need to do to paste into a reply?

If you ever figure it, let me know. I've never gotten it to work either.

For further assistance please call

test on a mac/safari using cmd c / cmd v to copy/paste into reply with quote, if directly under the quote you see "For further assistance please call" then it worked.

EDIT: Looks ok on a mac.

Chris Lilly Rib Rub

INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 cup white vinegar

DIRECTIONS
TIPS

Dennis,

I plan on trying this Rub on Baby Back Ribs today.  Is the one Tablespoon of Garlic Salt enough ?  Sure I could add more salt but I like to try a recipe as it is the first time.  I have also seen other Memphis Recipes use Powdered Mustard.  

Thanks.