ckreef

Cherry Butt

Teaser post because I know how much CC loves them - LOL

It's 5:45 am. Super Jr has been heat soaking at 250* for the last hour or so. Butt (6 lb bone in) is now on grate with cherry wood for the smoke profile.

We bought some mini spring form pans yesterday and Mrs skreef is promising a nice personal sized desert for after dinner.

Back to bed I go for a while. Hawke will be the pit tender later today so me and Mrs skreef can go riding the bike.

More pictures later on.

b5209b1800e3771fba21abc0988204b2.jpg

Browned the beef, cooked the bacon, caramelized the onions and peppers, deglazed the pan with Brandy.

Pureed the peaches - only used half the can since it was a big can. Drained the beans.

My Dutch oven was not cooperating today so everything in a skillet. Tight fit - LOL

4f63e0f263c829940ea6735ffa08f47d.jpg

Double Thumbs Up on the Brandy! :thumbup::thumbup:

I use Bourbon in my baked beans, dark rum in my black beans (Cuban), and tequila in my chili beans!

I would have used Bourbon but I drank it - LOL - Brandy is what I had - it was 80 proof Brandy - in cooking they substitute reasonably well for each other - IMHO anyway.

Anywho - about 2 1/2 hours into the beans, I tasted them (winging it today) and they needed something - added another component - they're coming along - 4 hours is what I'm looking for.

9e9a93ba2a12a16c71f6a0d233989078.jpg

ckreef - this is gonna be some kind of good! Tell Hawke I said CONGRATS on being responsible enough and knowing enough to be left in charge of a butt on Super Jr! You've done very well with Hawke, Charles! KUDOS!

In the end I didn't leave him in charge. The rain came - I stayed at home tending the pit - Mrs skreef did her hair - Hawke played video games online with his friends - but he did clean my early morning mess and that was no small feat - LOL
  • Like 1