MacKenzie

Spaghetti Making

I'm getting ready for a batch of ckreef's baked spaghetti. First thing is to try out my new tagliatelle pasta roller.

The dough for a small test batch:

1 egg which weighed 60g. Mult. the weight by 1.5 to determine the amount of flour

90g flour which was a 50/50 mix of semolina and all purpose flour

pinch of salt

0.5t olive oil

Combine in blender adding just enough flour so that the dough is not sticky but not dry either.

Cover and let rest for 30 mins. or longer.

Roll into sheets and cut.

This is the very first sheet of pasta to pass through my new roller/cutter:)

jL7mCwb.jpg

Dz51YeJ.jpg

8DZEQq8.jpg

Today was just a practice run for the baked spaghetti:)

vbFussC.jpg

• Like 2

A mighty fine test run. I can't wait to see your baked Spaghetti. Very excited about this.

Only two thoughts I can't emphasis enough. Only pre cook the Spaghetti 1/2 way at the most. (with homemade maybe even raw) Add a full cup of water to the bottom of the dish. A full cup will seem like a lot but at 1/2 cup you still end up with a dry dish.

Looking forward to seeing your take on this.

Agree on the no need to precook the fresh pasta for this dish. It would likely turn to mush.

Nice looking pasta there, MacKenzie! I generally make my own for fettuccine, tagliatelle and bowtie. Never had success with my angel hair cutter. I will still buy pasta for other shapes (generally tubular ones). I've never used my food processor or KitchenAid to make my pasta dough; by hand only. It's fun mushing the eggs and flour together. Brings out the lost kid in me!

It's fun mushing the eggs and flour together. Brings out the lost kid in me!

:sign5: , I bet it does. I use the same machine for doing the dough, the rolling and the cutting. The machine has only 3 rollers, the lasagna, the fettuccine and the tagliatelle. I did try the extruder accessory for macaroni but that really does tax the motor and I don't want to risk that just for macaroni :sad1: