ckreef

Reef's Pizza Dough Recipes

ckreef, round two of the cracker crust pizza:) Managed to get the dough a little larger but still need to get it a little larger, It stretches fine to 12 inches but I need a little larger pizza peel so that the dough is not hanging off the edge. This working to perfection is tasty though and fun so onward and upward :toothy7:

Side one done, loaded and ready for the oven-

TpUxPpq.jpg

Baked and sliced-

WfYtBQS.jpg

and delicious :tongue8:

KG5oLtY.jpg

THANKS, ckreef :smt003

I ate the whole thing :smt077   :smt023  :smt023

Thanks, Tony. My wooden one is only 11.5 edge to edge so either I have to buy another peel or make only 90% of the recipe. ;-)  With this recipe it is important to have that thin crust so I don't want it bunching up as I slide it in to cook.

Another neat thing about this cracker thin crust pizza besides being very quick, you can make the dough and let it sit for hours until you are ready to spread it out, load it and bake it :twocents: .

Yummy looking pie, MacKenzie!

May take my "re-test" on Monday, weather permitting. 

Here's the peel that I use. Plenty big. 

http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Supply-14-Inch-16-Inch-Aluminum/dp/B002JPJ0QY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432391849&sr=8-1&keywords=pizza+peel

Tony, is it 14X16 not counting the handle? Thanks.

Well, I measured mine and SURPRISE, I have the 12" model after all, not the 14". The "working area" of mine is 12" x 12" (up to the handle rivets).

So, I'd guess that the bigger one is 14" wide x 16" long, not counting the handle.

BUT, Amazon has the 16" wide one on sale for 51% off, which means it's only $1.80 more than the 14" one. Like I say "Go Big or Go Home!"

• Like 1

Another neat thing about this cracker thin crust pizza besides being very quick, you can make the dough and let it sit for hours until you are ready to spread it out, load it and bake it :twocents: .

Yes indeed. Perfect if you're having some guests over for pizza night. Par bake all the crusts earlier in the day. That's what I did when my last guests came to the Backyard Bistro. We were eating the appetizer pizza minutes after we fired up the charcoal kiln.

Set out all the fixins, let the guests build their own. It cooks quick enough so everyone is eating at relatively the same time.

It is sort of although a lot of items that appear on the US site don't appear on the Canadian site and sometimes the cost is up by more than 50%. I have seen things doubled, I think the last item was a simple cheese slicer and it was more than twice the price on the Canadian site. :tongue9:  :tongue2:

OK, so tonight I took my re-test. Two changes from the previous fail, used only AP flour and let the KK and stone heat soak for 2 hours @ 400F. I give myself a B- on this one.

Better texture, but still not a shattering crunch. It actually did puff up some during the par-bake this time. 

Pizza #1 - artichoke hearts, mushrooms, black olives and fresh tomato; sauce was a mix of jarred (Rao's) and the olive and tomato jam tapenade I made with the leftovers from the first pizza test. 3 cheeses - "shaker" parm & romano on the sauce, shredded parm regg on the toppings, with fresh mozz pearls.

post-975-0-94422400-1432598471_thumb.jpg

Pizza #2 - classic pepperoni and mushroom, Rao's sauce (no tapenade in this one), and the same 3 cheeses as Pizza 1.

post-975-0-39088200-1432598575_thumb.jpg

So, teach, do I pass??