bryan

Steak Champ

Read most of the website.

Up to 600* f for normal use.

Short term use up to 900* f

They seem to recommend an initial Sear followed by a lower temp cook to the desire temp.

Interesting but probably not something I would buy. I usually don't have trouble with MD rare just by feel. For any kind of reverse sear I have my Maverick.

Until Dennis comes up with a see through top for the KK, I'm not sure how useful this would be. Constantly opening the top to check the blinking light would seem to slow things down. Like others have said, it's pretty easy to hit med rare or other doneness after a few tries.

Yea I agree - a probe wire running out will work much better - and I can take my receiver anywhere in the house.

Hey, I try my best!  :laughing9:

Sounds like you're in need of an adult beverage! I'm off to start dinner (cowboy ribeye in the SV since 2pm), but first a cocktail! Oh de-ah! I do think my malaria might be trying to act up. I'd better go drink me some quinine tonic, with a little gin mixed in, you know, for good measure!

Maybe a KK with at least a skylight.

Until Dennis comes up with a see through top for the KK, I'm not sure how useful this would be. Constantly opening the top to check the blinking light would seem to slow things down. Like others have said, it's pretty easy to hit med rare or other doneness after a few tries.

Maybe a KK with at least a skylight.

Moon Roof!

I thought the KK grill that could be used with the Steak Champ already existed. ^_^

post-1821-0-77546400-1433731097_thumb.jp