MacKenzie

Nothing to do with the grill cook.

I am assuming this is whole peeled cloves and not that pre-chopped up crap? How is it packaged - wet (and in what?) or dry? I've not seen it in the market, so where have you folks been buying it?

I normally buy the big bags of whole garlic bulbs at CostCo. I use a lot of garlic, so I generally get through most of the bag before they start to dry out. Even if I have to toss a few bulbs at the end, it still is cheaper than buying individual bulbs at the supermarket. 

The stuff I buy is usually located in the grocery store near where the fresh herbs are located. It is whole cloves, peeled and basically packed dry.

It comes in plastic bag packaging which contain 6 or eight small vacuum sealed bags each with about 10 + cloves.

I have bought the same thing in a jar before but lately I'm getting the bagged version.

Robert, I assume you keep it in the fridge once opened, but about how long does it keep? 3# is a lot of garlic and it takes me a couple of months to go through that much in whole bulbs from CostCo and I usually end up tossing the last few as they have dried out.