MacKenzie

Perfect Melting Cheese Slices

This recipe is found in Modernist Cuisine at Home. I did change the cheese mix a little,150g Gruyere cheese:230g Cheddar. I did kept the total amount of cheeses.

115g water

14g of sodium citrate

Mix the water and sodium citrate, heat to simmer before adding the grated cheese. Stir constantly until all cheese is melted and runny. Spoon onto oiled silpat, making rounds to fit burger rolls.

I plan on freezing so after the rounds cooled I slipped a burger separator underneath to keep the rounds from sticking together.

This batch produced 16 rounds.

lIIiaXj.jpg

Up close.

ctmUxtA.jpg

On top of all the other awesome things that you do in the kitchen - you're into molecular gastronomy, too!! You are a Goddess!!!  :notworthy:

btw - I had bought a pre-marinated carne asada sirloin from Trader Joe's, not realizing that it was not whole, but pieces. Came dangerously close to breaking out the "meat glue" (transglutaminase) to try and put it back together into a solid chunk. Wimped out and just put the pieces on skewers and did kabobs. Maybe next time.