dstr8

Nothing to do with a KK

So, I've been traveling around pretending to be a nomad the past several months.  Since my KK is in storage in Monterey for the time being I live vicariously through all of you!

But that doesn't mean I don't cook along the way.   This was lunch today...just not via my KK (darn it).  

Corn tortilla + pinto beans + young pecorino cheese + roasted & chopped New Mex green chiles + arugula + greek yogurt + a poached egg + tomatoes + a drizzle of quality Californian EVO.  

And that's how I did lunch today  :)

post-1238-0-72253500-1438393230_thumb.jp

They go straight into the water bath in the shell. The interesting part is cracking them open; the runny part of the white that usually swirls around in a conventional water bath, stays with the shell and you get a perfectly poached egg on your plate. The first time I did them, I was quite concerned about how to get them out of the shell without breaking the yolks. Turns out it's just as simple as breaking open an uncooked egg; it just falls out in one piece.