Poochie

Cleaning the stainless steel drip pan

I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted to show what two products are capable of. Tony has mentioned Barkeeper's Friend several times and I found out we had some here. No need to go to a specialty store to get it; Walmart has it. Another product that's just as good is CameO. Yes, capital O. 

I wet the surface and sprinkled on the powder, then rubbed with my fingers only...not sponges, scrubbers..nothing. I didn't take a before picture of the usable side but I did of the backside. The front was done with Barkeepers Friend and the small area on the back down with CameO. I'll clean it for real today putting more effort into it, but it got crud off that nothing else would remove.

I have lots of scratches on my pan from trying different scrubbers. But from a normal viewing distance, you can't really see them. Like I said, I'll give them a good cleaning today and then probably put them right back on the Komodo to get dirty again. I can see where this would really clean the grills, but I'm not into shiny grills. Just clean is good enough for me.

post-2487-0-22763800-1443439314_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-86223600-1443439316_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-73290500-1443439321_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-63867900-1443439323_thumb.jp

Bar keepers friend is the bomb on stainless. You can usually find it at the grocery store. I like to pan fry steaks and finish them in a high heat oven. Makes a total mess of my stainless fry pans. I use a garden variety nylon dish brush and Bar Keepers to clean. Just use a touch of water, enough to form a thick slurry, and scrub the bad stuff off. Works like a charm.

Benton