MacKenzie

SV Beef Tenderloin Dinner

Love my Anova, Firemonkey. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but I use mine a lot. Steaks are just the beginning. Only way I cook shrimp anymore. Makes perfect poached eggs. I think the corned beef brisket came out better than using the pressure cooker - sure it took 2 days in the SV bath, but it was more tender than the pressure cooker version.

Are you fans of sous vide in it for the texture, and exchanging fire flavor as a cost? If so, fair enough, but I just can't fathom getting the same taste? Not flaming - just want to know.

I am in for the texture and flavor.. The flavor is from the "M" effect at 500*. I use sv to heat and hold at the temp where i like my meat. The time factor determines how aged I want it. (tender). I lean toward all or most all flavor being on the outside of the product. Thus the "M" theory we all go by. It really just makes everything over the top.

Ever eat a steak with no teeth? Meat is meat through and through.

Per animal it is all the same flavor, enhanced with fat and or flavoriod supplements.

Sous Vide is as Sous Vide does. Try it you will like it. Just like the smoker I use. If it was about the money I would not have tried the Komodo Kamado.  It is all about "Over the Top Cooking"

Take one look at Mackenzie's cooks. Whats not to like?  Sv is 1 tenderizer and the "M" Method is 1 flavoride. She did not become a first rate Chef by not knowing what she is doing.

How we merge two very different cooking methods is - well lets just say the search is on.

Firemonkey- Try it you will like the things you can do with sv or you have one hell of a gift for someone.

Joe