ckreef

Pursuit of Perfection

In kamado cheesecake that is.

I've made plenty of cheesecakes on a kamado in the past. They rise, they crack, they fall and even though they may taste good I consider all of them failures. So when the question was asked what are you going to do in 2016 to up your kamado game, my answer was "The perfect kamado cheesecake."

Since then I've done a bunch of reading. There are thousands of different recipes and techniques. So I started with a hybrid version of all that I read.

Here is last night's attempt. It didn't crack and it only fell a little but I really was not happy with the texture. We ate one and threw the other two in the circular file. FAILURE .......

010ba5891633202e6c02b9122140c09d.jpg261154cf8cb3ee798a20d052c98745d4.jpg

Second attempt in the KK as I type this.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Edited by ckreef

Details - what did you do differently? Why do you consider these "failures"? We'd love to help, but without info, kinda flying blind.

Tony b, ckreef thanks most all his cooks are failures...but since I'm the recipient of his cooks,they are all great cooks.ckreef is his own worst critic.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk