ckreef

Winter Yakatori Meal

Yakatori cooking is really a spring summer thing but since it was 75* this evening I figured I would take advantage of the warm weather. This is a hybrid cook of a recipe bryan posted recently.

Yakatori Pork with pan fried mushrooms, baby sweet peppers and cherub tomatoes (our favorite) served with a rice mixture, hearts of Romain wraps, homemade dressing (not shown) and Asiago cheese.

Yakatori pork marinated for the last 24 hours and skewered. A few other ingredients.

327b8f7a0c47ef28298438e90047def7.jpg

A hot bed of Yakatori coals.

74dff664d7d67855256cdf92fed4e747.jpg

Cooking the pork skewers.

3c3662310dbf6a65ac63c9a460e3a482.jpg

Lots going on at the same time but dinner is served.

4210a6b58171bbe64da95c073a43f6fa.jpg

My first money wrap.

5e23d1350880162e9c77767c6b8baa40.jpg

0014cdb34f4b5477aa1a71fb4efa19a4.jpg

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Crazy, dude!!!

Plus, I'm super jealous of your weather. While it's "warm" here (mid 30s), it's not shorts and t-shirt weather. Won't be breaking out the yakitori grill for months!!!

It's been a little crazy warm this past week so I've taken advantage of it. Riding the motorcycle and now the Yakatori cook. I feel some colder weather will be heading my way soon.

That big storm from TX hit us this morning - snow and freezing rain mix. Supposed to last well into the night. My butt is hunkering down. Headed your way Charles, but as nasty looking T-storms!! You'd better hunker down, too!!

I've been tracking it. Fortunately the KK's are under the porch so rain or shine let the grilling continue.

That big storm from TX hit us this morning - snow and freezing rain mix. Supposed to last well into the night. My butt is hunkering down. Headed your way Charles, but as nasty looking T-storms!! You'd better hunker down, too!!

One could always use their KK as a storm cellar.  Every home should have one.