ckreef

Hawke's 17th Birthday Dinner

Today was my son's (Hawke's) 17th birthday. I asked him what he wanted for dinner. "Surprise me dad." I hate that but I crossed off items he's not fond of, thought about what he really likes and came with this.

Thick cut (1.75 inch) dry aged Ribeyes, reverse seared and served md rare. Dwell in the Shell lobster tails. Shiitake mushroom risotto. Steamed broccoli. Mrs skreef made red velvet cupcakes for desert.

Only took 2 pictures but here they are. Hawke got to use the big boy plate tonight - LOL. Makes the food look small but that is really a large plater not a plate.

5728c4f5018f55a37675925ffa625cf5.jpg

fba3a039fb9fbad5d48c361deedd9fe7.jpg

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Hawke.  I'm sure he devoured that dinner right up.:) :smt023 :smt023

He did. I even made the risotto the way he would like it. I substituted apple juice and apple cider vinger for the white wine and a limited amount of cheese.. He gobbled it up. Plus the lobster was cooked md rare. Juicy and succulent. Me and Hawke loved it, Mrs skreef would have liked it better cooked for another minute or so.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk