Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter
Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bryan

Rabbit

Recommended Posts

After many years  I am back to raising rabbits. The cost is only in the set up. With good advice that cost is very low.

If interested or now raising farm animals I suggest you google "rabbit fodder"

In the 80's i ran a rabbitry of 100 plus does.

Joe

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a kid, a buddy and I used to go rabbit hunting in the snow with his grandfather...........rabbit was one of the grandfathers favorite dishes. 

Used to chase them on foot until they dove into the snow and then pull them out backwards.  

Thinking your "rabbitry"  is much easier method to come by rabbits!!!!

Interesting post...thanks!

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunted bunnies with my Dad as a kid, too. We raised beagles for hunting them. At one point, we had a pack of eight adult dogs. I always looked forward to the puppies, but it was so hard to see them leave when they got old enough to sell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:45 AM, bryan said:

After many years  I am back to raising rabbits. The cost is only in the set up. With good advice that cost is very low.

If interested or now raising farm animals I suggest you google "rabbit fodder"

In the 80's i ran a rabbitry of 100 plus does.

Joe

What breed are you raising? Cali's, New Zealand's, Rex etc. Have thought about raising a couple of does, with one buck and should give me enough protein supplement for the year!

Garvin

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2017 at 3:09 PM, Garvinque said:

What breed are you raising? Cali's, New Zealand's, Rex etc. Have thought about raising a couple of does, with one buck and should give me enough protein supplement for the year!

Garvin

I raise New Zealand.s. (3 does with 1 buck) If you get the fodder system down the cost is almost nothing. I feed fodder for day feed and grass clippings for night feed. The secret to healthy animals is on demand fresh water. (cheap to do)

Joe

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bryan said:

I raise New Zealand.s. (3 does with 1 buck) If you get the fodder system down the cost is almost nothing. I feed fodder for day feed and grass clippings for night feed. The secret to healthy animals is on demand fresh water. (cheap to do)

Joe

I will read up more on the fodder system have seen some on youtube, for me being single would say two females and one male is adequate or a single female and male? 

Garvin

Edited by Garvinque
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2017 at 8:09 AM, Garvinque said:

I will read up more on the fodder system have seen some on youtube, for me being single would say two females and one male is adequate or a single female and male? 

Garvin

I use rabbit and pork butts for my thank you's. Fry up 8-9 and drop off at local sheriffs station with beans and slaw and  2-3 at Doctors office once or twice a year.

Find cages on Craigs. (NO WOOD or Hardware cloth - hanging wire only) $25 or less per hole.

Edited by bryan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...