Jon B.

It's A Small World Tony B.

Over the holiday weekend my family moved our Mother from Moline, Illinois to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, into a retirement community/assisted living apartment.

Cedar Rapids is the home of our forum member tony b and my sister, who has lived there for 30 years.

On Friday, I met my two sisters , my two nephews and one of their girlfriends at Mom's old apartment to pack up the rental truck.   When we were ready to take off, the 2 nephews drove the truck, my sisters drove their cars and the girlfriend ended up riding with me in my van.  

It was the first time meeting the nephews girlfriend Sam  and we had a nice conversation during the 1 1/2 hour trip to Cedar Rapids.  She is a 25 year old, 5th grade school teacher who has lived in town for about 5 years.  Smart & funny lady.  

During the conversation, she asks me if I get to Cedar Rapids a lot.  I tell her about once a year but I'm sure it will be more now that Mom is living in town........plus, I have a BBQ / Grill forum buddy that I have been trying to meet up with.

She then asked me if I was going to see him this weekend.  I told her no because he was at big beer brewing/tasting meeting/conference in Chicago over weekend.

She looks at me and asks "What is his name ?"                    I tell her.......Tony B.                 She says.....I KNOW HIM !!!!!                 NO WAY!!!!!!!!

Turns out that she has a second job as a bartender at the Lion Bridge Brewery in Cedar Rapids.  The local brew club has it's meetings there and she is positive she met a member named Tony.   

When we get to the apartment, I pull out my computer and show her a photo of Tony that he posted last Halloween.  She says, Yup.......that's the Tony I met.  He is sporting a beard now but it is him!

Tony.....any truth to this young lady's story??????

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 1