billg71

No outside cooking today! :(

OK here's the actual story of tonight's cook. I just wanted to play with those Walden firestarters again; and I saw the hotdogs in the refrigerator and just said oh what the hell I'll cook some hotdogs. My wife goes nuts when I just cook meat because that's all I do is cook the meat, usually. If she doesn't cook the sides, there probably won't be any. That's not always true. I do cook sides.  But anyhow I'm looking around the kitchen after I cook the hotdogs thinking oh boy am I going to get my ass chewed and I saw the ranch-style beans in the cupboard and broke those out. So that's it, I just wanted to play with my firestarters and it evolved from that.  Plus anytime I am out on the back deck cooking I have to have an adult beverage in my hand so why not a nice glass of Bordeaux? It's not actually paired with the food, it's just something to drink while cooking! 

• Like 2

Actually received my shipment of Walden starters  this afternoon. Was planning a steak cook for dinner anyhoo, so I fired one up under a 1/2 chimney of Royal Oak. Within a few minutes I had an flaming tornado going. Dumped onto a half basket of RO and was off to the races. Much faster than newspaper. Didn't need the FiAir to stoke things along. These things are magic, folks!

A big shout out to Doc for the tip! :salute: