Aussie Ora

My Chrissy present from work

This year I got some jelly beans and a hundred dollar gift card .I usually buy something practable. But this year I thought I would try the makers 46 .it's usually about 80 dollars here and I like makers mark must say it does taste nice.daaa35cd696da47e1994d74e91a3e818.jpgaf82823581a0118e205eefe489fa3c04.jpgjust a bit of snow from Mac will cap it off lol

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tasty stuff indeed, Aussie! 

I visited their distillery last year and came home with this version.

5a47df4eda29f_Makers46.thumb.jpg.b42772e46578f84a48b38e2228a8b3d4.jpg

As a bourbon expert once told me - "Always buy cask strength if you can get it. Why pay them to water it down for you?"

Oh, if you're wondering why it's not opened - I bought a few others while I was there, too! :occasion5:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tony b said:

Thanks! And that's just the bourbon stash. Won't show you the single malt whisky stash or you'd be booking a plane ticket to Cedar Rapids - LOL!!!

Toney, you probably have it but there is a rye whiskey I buy called Stranahans from Colorado it may be worth a try, I think they have an 86 and a 94, goes well as all those others you have as a straight up drink. $65-70.  Well balanced and you find yourself reaching for another pour.

Thanks for the tip, Tyrus. I've heard of it, but never tried it. I'll look, but probably not available here. But, I bet that I can pick up a bottle at Binny's next time I'm in the Chicagoland area.

I'm partial to a local distillery here, Cedar Ridge - they make a 100% Malted Rye Whiskey that's one of my favorites. I'm a HUGE fan of their single malt whiskeys. Their Silver Label series is outstanding - each release is different - they all start out in one of their used bourbon barrels, but are finished in a secondary barrel - wine, port, beer. Just like craft beers, craft whiskey is the way to go!