EGGARY

Pizza on the 32" KK

(other cDitch the big heat deflector. No one uses it anymore for any type of cooking. If you want indirect heat, use the drip pan or a sheet of aluminum foil on the lower grate. The big ceramic heat deflector just sucks up a lot of heat - you burn a lot of extra charcoal just heating it up for no good reason. Even Dennis hasn't used one in many years now. He only includes it in the standard package because folks expect it (other kamado style cookers have one.)

FYI - the pizza stone is made of a completely different material, especially formulated for cooking on - breads, pizza, etc. But, just like the heat deflector, it will soak up a lot of heat to reach cooking temperatures. The upside is that once heated, it will allow multiple pizza cooks in quick succession without significant drop off in cooking temperature (fast rebound). 

Edited by tony b

14 minutes ago, tony b said:

(other cDitch the big heat deflector. No one uses it anymore for any type of cooking. If you want indirect heat, use the drip pan or a sheet of aluminum foil on the lower grate. The big ceramic heat deflector just sucks up a lot of heat - you burn a lot of extra charcoal just heating it up for no good reason. Even Dennis hasn't used one in many years now. He only includes it in the standard package because folks expect it (other kamado style cookers have one.)

FYI - the pizza stone is made of a completely different material, especially formulated for cooking on - breads, pizza, etc. But, just like the heat deflector, it will soak up a lot of heat to reach cooking temperatures. The upside is that once heated, it will allow multiple pizza cooks in quick succession without significant drop off in cooking temperature (fast rebound). 

That is what I did.   Thank you.  

• Like 1

I think I used mine once on 23 never since see no kneed alfoil does the job suppose it's because of the distance of the lower grate to the charcoal .could never do that on my kj Jr. As for the pizza stone I let that heat soak for about an hour .I only do 2 pizzas so it works fine for me not sure if I need it that long either

Outback kamado Bar and Grill