LeadDog

Center of the Universe

LeadDog - I was looking at making a big order of various smoke woods from Chigger Creek in Missouri. They listed their various woods, and some characteristics of each. I saw that they list Grape wood as well.

http://www.chiggercreekproducts.net/files/14519833.pdf

Who better to ask about it than our resident grape monger? Have you tried smoking with Grape?

Thanks Leaddog I appreciate it' date=' but as Curley states the shipping puts it out of reach.[/quote']

I figured that would be the case from a long ways back. Looks like for me it is best to keep the charcoal a regional deal. Makes you wonder how anyone else ships charcoal all over the country for sale.

Grapes as fire wood? I have not ever used grape to smoke with or for smoking. I had a teacher in school who said she got to burn grape "wood" one winter and it was fine. Maybe I should throw some canes on the fire and see how they smell.

The store hours are from 8am to 6pm. The KK is getting some nice dark coloration around the top where the smoke exits, I think it looks cool. :)

I think a few more people have yet to show their center of the universe pictures. Does anyone need directions on how to do this?

LeadDog - I was looking at making a big order of various smoke woods from Chigger Creek in Missouri. They listed their various woods, and some characteristics of each. I saw that they list Grape wood as well.

http://www.chiggercreekproducts.net/files/14519833.pdf

Who better to ask about it than our resident grape monger? Have you tried smoking with Grape?

Firemonkey, I have used it a couple times for smoke wood. Thought it was a nice mild smoke, kinda like apple.

-=Jasen=-

I stopped by LeadDog's family store yesterday and purchased some almond lump. I haven't cooked with it yet as I don't have my KK yet... :cry: but it will be a masterpiece ! I have opened the bag and the size of the lump is good, appearing to be predominately fist sized (manly fist).

LeadDog was not there, I assume he was off making wine or slaying deer. A couple of LeadDog's women folk were around and they are very impressed with his cooking on his KK. They are totally amazed that he even bakes cookies on his BBQ. The KK has made LeadDog a legend in his family! :lol:

By the way, I did not see any deer hanging by their tiny hooves while I was there, but the other barnyard animals all seemed very nervous! :lol::lol:

For the life of me I could not find the home made wine either.

...A couple of LeadDog's women folk were around and they are very impressed with his cooking on his KK. They are totally amazed that he even bakes cookies on his BBQ. The KK has made LeadDog a legend in his family! :lol:

Dang...is he Mormon? How many women folk does he have? Yeah, they will be talking about old yellar long after he's gone. :shock:

I haven't cooked with it yet as I don't have my KK yet... :cry: but it will be a masterpiece !

The KK cooker color police want to know what color you are getting and all of the rest of the details. Did Dennis send you a picture of it? You have to share with the rest of us you know. :)

Ah, did you miss the picture of the Copper Kettle!

The one to the right is flat topped. Probably not be Egypt. Could be X'ian China. Lots of farm around it, and the Emperor of Qin dynasty had a flat topped one. Egypt would be arid, and I don't recall seeing farm land around the Central American ones. There is, though, cultivation around the X'ian one, as I recall.

The one to the right is flat topped. Probably not be Egypt. Could be X'ian China. Lots of farm around it' date=' and the Emperor of Qin dynasty had a flat topped one. Egypt would be arid, and I don't recall seeing farm land around the Central American ones. There is, though, cultivation around the X'ian one, as I recall.[/quote']

Oh, ok, I didn't really look at the second one, I just thought it was a far-away shot of the first. Hmmm, is that your complex, you are kinda other worldly, right?